“Experience of a lifetime!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mahahual
Maya Palms Resort & Dive Center
Ranked #10 of 23 Mahahual B&B and Inns
Mexico, Missouri
“Experience of a lifetime!”
Reviewed 11 February 2014

The diving was spectacular! I have never seen a more pristine reef! The sea sponges are amazing. The reef was teaming with plant life and a variety of fish...and huge sea turtles! Doug and Catherine made me feel at home and like part of the family. Mark and Ken make every guest feel like you are the only one there. The resort is simply gorgeous. They have carved paradise out of the jungle for those of us who have been fortunate enough to find this jewel in the Yucatan. The accommodations are clean, comfortable and very well maintained. And the food, oh! the food, it was incredible! Everything was fresh and yummy! I'm already planning my next trip...I miss the sound of the ocean lulling me to sleep every night.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
6 Thank Sandy R

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Cave Creek, Arizona
Reviewed 26 January 2014

After my first two disappointing trips to other spots in Costa Maya, I found Maya Palms a few years ago, and loved it so much that I couldn't wait until the opportunity arrived so that I could go back.
I just returned from the most relaxing, wonderful time at Maya Palms!
There is NO PLACE in the area that is cleaner, more relaxing, more wonderful....with the best staff anyone could ask for. The food was fantastic, the snorkeling some of the best anywhere. I would honestly live there if I could. And I definitely can't wait until I have the chance to go back again!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Stacey S
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Doug and Catherine have made this place another destination for future diving for me. The great personal service provided, its off the path remote location make you wanting to stay for ever.... Maybe someday Doug. I even proposed to my soon to be future fiance because of the romantic setting when visiting Maya Palms.

• Stayed August 2013
4 Thank lordoftheland
medora Il
Reviewed 15 August 2013

Jan and I just returned from an August 2013 trip to Maya Palms. We have been diving all over the Caribbean for the past 25 years. This is one of the best dive resorts we have been to. The rooms were large, clean and comfortable. Catherine did a great job with all of the meals. The food was great! Mark did an excellant job making sure that all our needs were taken care of. Doug was always there checking to see if we needed anything and if we were enjoying ourselves. The diving was excellant.. Some of the best reefs we have ever dove. They really appreciated you being there and they realized you were spending your hard earned travel money with them and they wanted you to get your moneys worth. They wanted you to feel like part of the family. Great place!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank PaulTonsor
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 12 August 2013

I went to Maya Palms as part of a trip run by West End Diving in St Louis. The owner, Doug, led the trip. It was a great experience.

I traveled separately from the rest of the group, since I was originating from another city, and my flight put me in ahead of everyone else, so I landed in Cancun, rented a car and hit the road for the 4 1/2 hr drive from Cancun. The directions made it easy to find the resort. Once there, Marc greeted me and they had dinner ready for this weary traveler, and oriented me to the property and to my room.

The rest of the group was brought by the resort's van later that evening.

The diving was great. The reef is in excellent condition, and the staff went out of their way to make sure everyone was comfortable diving (we had the whole range of divers, from newly certified to advanced). We dove in the same general area, but it was not a heard dive, so people who finished earlier would do their safety stop, surface and be picked up, while others could stay down longer. Unlimited shore diving was available, although I didn't want to knock myself out, so I only did the boat dives.

The resort staff was very attentive. We were the only group there (something they frequently do). The home style meals featured a blend of American and local cuisine, and we all ate together as a group. Special dietary needs were readily accommodated. One particularly nice feature about the experience was not having to rush from meals to make the boat for the next dive. Since we were together as a group, if lunch ran long, we would just start the next dive a little later. Unlimited shore diving is available and kayaks are provided if you don't want to swim to the reef from shore.

The rooms are in villas adjacent to the dive shop. The rooms are comfortable, featuring a/c, ceiling fans, and front porch area facing the beach. Reverse osmosis purified water is perfectly safe to drink. Internet and satellite TV are available in the bar and pool area. There are no utilities in the area, so electricity is produced on site.

The incidentals were kept on a running tab, and charged thru West End diving, thus avoiding international transaction fees.

I would highly recommend this experience. West end diving runs trips on a regular basis, or the resort is available for a group to use exclusively for anyone wishing to lead a trip.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank Charles B
Florissant, Missouri, United States
Reviewed 11 August 2013

My husband and I just returned from a week at Maya Palms Resort and we didn't want to leave the resort! The food and service was wonderful - Catherine developed a wonderful menu for all of our meals and they were all wonderful! And the diving was just amazing!! The reef was beautiful, and absolutely covered in sealife! Doug took us to some amazing dive locations and, when we were on the boat or on dry ground, kept everyone entertained with his various stories. We also took advantage of a trip to the local Mayan ruins and to an amazing mineral water cenote - truely a wonderful way to finish our trip.
To all at Maya Palms - thenk you so much for our wonderful vacation!! We hope to be able to return again soon!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Redpyro0731
Belmont, Michigan
Reviewed 9 March 2013

Late January 2013, 3 couples from Michigan, ventured to Maya Palms Resort on a recommendation from a past visitor to do something different outside NCL cruise line score excursions on Costa Maya. We rented a taxi and were at Maya Palms in about 30 minutes. Mark, the property's host, greated us and treated us like royaly for the day. Chips, home made salsa, beverages ( beer and rum drinks unlimited) by the pool, lounge chairs, hammacks, kayaks to see the reef, and an authentic Mexican luncheon awaited us. Absolutely incredible experience on a beautiful secure and safe resort property. It was without a doubt the best shore experience we had. Skip the cruise line excursions and connect with Maya Palms. They will advise with transportation, once off the dock.
Respectfully submitted,
Mark Fredrickson, MD
Grand Rapids, Michigan

Room Tip: We were there for 6 hours to enjoy the resort property, as a non sanctioned cruise line experience...