The diving was spectacular! I have never seen a more pristine reef! The sea sponges are amazing. The reef was teaming with plant life and a variety of fish...and huge sea turtles! Doug and Catherine made me feel at home and like part of the family. Mark and Ken make every guest feel like you are the only one there. The resort is simply gorgeous. They have carved paradise out of the jungle for those of us who have been fortunate enough to find this jewel in the Yucatan. The accommodations are clean, comfortable and very well maintained. And the food, oh! the food, it was incredible! Everything was fresh and yummy! I'm already planning my next trip...I miss the sound of the ocean lulling me to sleep every night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Secluded seaside resort 15 minutes south of Mahahual. Modeled on architecture of Mayan ruins. Air-conditioned seaside cottages, reverse osmosis water, hot showers, comfortable double beds, quality linens, internet access, freshwater pool, palapas all set within botanical gardens. 4 story pyramid bar, restaurant, and observatory with spectacular views of Caribbean. PADI Dive Center. World-class Scuba and snorkeling a 5 minute boat ride to the reef. Swimming, kayaking, fishing. Very private resort, within a gated walled compound. We have a three-night minimum stay requirement. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Maya Palms Resort And Dive Center
- Maya Palms Resort & Dive Hotel Mahahual
- Maya Palms Resort & Dive Center Mahahual, Mexico - Costa Maya