“Great Hotel & Restaurant on the Malecon in Mahahual”

Restaurant Caballo Blanco
Ranked #23 of 79 Restaurants in Mahahual
Price range: US$1 - US$10
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 21 May 2013

My wife and I have eaten breakfast, lunch and dinner at this owner operated gem in Mahahual. The food is always delicious and prepared with love and care. The owner Tina Sanchez, is often also the chef. She takes pride in her offerings, and the friendly service matches the great tasting food. Caballo Blanco also has a pharmacy on-site, stocked with almost anything a visitor may need to make their visit more enjoyable. A visit with Tina and her staff is a MUST when you visit Mahahual.

reenibohini, Owner at Restaurant Caballo Blanco, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2013

Thank you so much for the great review you wrote for us. I love cooking and I'm so glad you enjoyed it. See you soon.

Reviewed 9 March 2013

(I posted this on the Caballo Blanco hotel tripadvisor not realizing there was a specific page for only the restaurant..so this is copied and pasted from there):

Based on Tina's (the owner) recommendation, I had the Chilaquiles and it was mouth watering down to the last cheesy bite. Also, best cafe con leche I've had in a loooong time (its REAL coffee, not that nasty instant stuff which seems to be the default coffee around these parts). Prices are very reasonable compared to the other restaurants on the beach strip, who exploit the cruise people like crazy. Other customers there ordered different fish dishes and lobster (I think tacos) and heard them mmm'ing the whole time. I wish I wasn't so full after the Chilaquiles so I could try some. Apparently its all fresh, caught that day.

I happened upon the restaurant looking for an internet cafe and so glad I stumbled on this place. Met Tina and chatted with her when she wasn't busy with other customers - really sweet lady, down to earth, makes you feel totally at home. The internet was really fast (unlike many other places in Mahahual) and the good vibes encouraged me to hang out for hours. I wish I wasn't leaving the Yucatan, otherwise I would definitely become a regular.

Her rooms are nice from what I saw and the rooftop has an infinity pool and absolutely beautiful views of the the area. 5 minutes up there, basking in the caribbean breeze, is all you need to melt into total relaxation. I hope I can somehow find my way back here one day and actually stay in a room.

Can't recommend this place enough.

reenibohini, Owner at Restaurant Caballo Blanco, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review for us. It was a pleasure meeting you. Too bad we met on your way out and not in. I wish you and your wife the best on your travels across this beautiful country. I know you will enjoy your next stop. I've traveled all over Mexico and when I find something I enjoy eating, I offer it here. Whether it goes on the daily special or becomes a regular like our chilaquiles . Till we meet again. Buen viaje!

Reviewed 6 March 2013

The restaurant is in the El Caballo Blanco hotel on the beach and is a great spot to sun and eat. The burger we had was big and juicy, the nachos will need to be shared because they are so large. the lobster tacos were really good and specialty drinks come in a large beautiful margarita glass. Others had Corona beer for a great price, but I stuck with the margaritas.

Thank you so much for writing us such a great review for us. It was a pleasure serving you. I so glad you enjoyed our food and was able to try a few of our dishes. The margaritas are waiting for when you return!

Reviewed 3 March 2013

Our favourite little find in Mahahual town. Tina was a great host and cooked us up some fresh and delicious seafood whilst we drank beers gazing out at the beautiful Caribbean sea. We went back a second time it was so good! Also a lovely hotel.

Reviewed 16 February 2013

Me and my friends visited and ate here when we ported at Costa Maya. The hotel/restaurant is located directly on the beach. Tina is very helpful, friendly and knowledgeable. Their food was awesome and the prices are very reasonable. We ordered chicken and fries, and the nachos. I'm not a big fan of guacamole but the way Tina prepared it was very tasting. The chicken was fried hard to perfection. The pina colada was great and it was a nice size drink. Me and my friends are looking into staying at the hotel in the future and I recommend this place for anyone who visits Costa Maya.

2  Thank TEC7161982