“Maya Chan First Class”
Review of Maya Chan Beach

Maya Chan Beach
Ranked #1 of 32 things to do in Mahahual
More attraction details
Owner description: Private beach resort for cruise ship passengers.
Reviewed 1 June 2014

First day home from our Western Caribbean cruise aboard the Carnival Glory. The Maya Chan beach stands out most of all. I must say that Kevin and Dave made everyone feel welcome and payed attention to every detail. This was the fist activity I had ever booked outside of the cruise line and was please on how organized Dave was with insuring everyone was prepared to meet time deadlines for a flawless return to our ship. I found that the beach, food, and activities were perfectly described on their website. If you plan a visit ask Kevin to show you the large piece of "space junk" that washed ashore next to them. Also I highly recommend that you try the smoothies they are awesome and the food is made and cooked fresh on the spot.

Kind regards
Dale and Naomi Crow

2  Thank Dale C

Reviewed 28 May 2014

This was our second time back and our day started early because our Carnival Ship, the Liberty gets in port really early but we "trudged" ahead and boy are we glad we did, we walked down to the taxi station and although the ride was a little bumpy it was so worth the ride. Our host was David and he took great care of us along with the rest of the staff, they served breakfast (an egg on a freshly made flour tortilla) shortly after we arrived, bottled water was offered if we didn't want alcohol that early and then chips/salsa and the drinks kept coming! We had our own Palapa with a fantastic with a Swing, Hammock, Couch and a couple of lounge chairs! Some of us went kayaking, my hubby and I had a massage and some just chilled on the beach, simply a perfect day!
Its all-inclusive so the only money you need is for tips or a massage!
We can't wait to go back again .... thank you David and TEAM!

Reviewed 12 May 2014

This little excursion blew my mind and was way better than expected! First off, they pay for all your transportation to and from the Cruise Ship to their private beach/.
Once there, you are greeted by the owners themselves and shown to your own private cabana which includes a shaded desk, lounge chairs, hammocks, and even a soft relaxing bed, all on the beach!!!
The waters on the beach are crystal clear with a varity a fish if you love snorkeling!
The whole stay, you are offered free chips and dip (The guacamole is incredible), smoothies, sodas, and alcoholic beverages! Again, all free!
Because they only allow a certain amount of people each day, its not crowded at all, and you feel like you have the beach to yourself.
They offer free kayaks, snorkeling gear and other water toys. At lunchtime, they cook up one of the best taco buffets you will ever have! I miss this place already.
You get so much for so little money, we kept saying to ourselves, "how do they even make money"!
Relax, soak up the sun, eat drink and be merry. When you are ready to leave, they will call and pay for a taxi to bring you back to the Cruise ship. Such excellent customer service.
They even have free Wifi (Although it is extremely slow, so email is about the only thing you can do).
They have a TV at the bar where you can watch live sports or whatever else you want.
One of the owners will even take your group out on the Kayaks to a great snorkeling spot for free!
They offer massages ($25 for 30 mins, $45 for 1 hr), and that is the only thing that costs extra there. I will definitely be going back there, no questions asked. In fact, I never post reviews of anything online, but we enjoyed it so much, I felt indebted to write this review. There is so much more I haven't included that you will have to see for yourself, but I promise you won't regret this place!

5  Thank Olsen B
Reviewed 11 May 2014

The Palapa was fantastic with a Swing, Hammock, Couch and a couple of lounge chairs. The service from beginning to end was exceptional. The drinks were plentiful and the BBQ was just delish. The staff was on the money with the incredible service. Plenty of water activities are included. We certainly would go back

2  Thank Gkay1471
Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

We just visited Maya Chan on May 6th 2014 on our cruise ship Navigator of the Seas. Absolutely the best excursion ever !! The staff, the food, the location all fantastic. When we arrived we were a party of five with three children ages, 14, 11, & 6. They had a beautiful spot reserved for us with a shaded palapa, chairs, hammock, and even a beach bed with pillows! Even for my youngest son they had beach toys he loved it !! Reserve with them you will not be disappointed. Thanks again Maya Chan

1  Thank Jennifer K