We stayed here in March 2010 and had a very nice stay. Balamku is very clean and the grounds are beautiful. However, be warned that there is a reef here, so the beaches are not as nice as they are further up on the coast -- it's very shallow for many yards and there is a LOT of seaweed (though Balamku does it's best to rake its beach). It was also very windy while we were there. It's a little "rough," but that's the nature of these kinds of solar-powered, thatched roof places. The owners were friendly enough. Breakfast was quite lovely with fresh fruits, yogurt and decent coffee.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Balamku is a small ecological hotel that offers beautiful rooms all facing the Sea and directly on the beach. We guarantee privacy, tranquility and excellent service. Since we are 6 kms south of Mahahual, our hotel is never noisy or crowded. We do not work with cruise ship folks so privacy is never compromised. The newly improved beach road makes access to town easy in less than 10 minutes. Kayaks are free to explore the reef just metres from our beach for great snorkeling. Large breakfasts are included as well as taxes.Enjoy the Caribbean Sea away from the crowds and relax in our natural environment.Please join us for private YOGA here or in town. Exceptional experience! Look for our YOGA retreats on FB ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, HostelWorld and Odigeo so you can book your Balamku Inn on the Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Balamku Inn On The Beach Hotel Mahahual
- Balamku Inn On The Beach Mahahual, Mexico - Costa Maya