My daughter and I visited during July and stayed for three nights. There was only one other room rented out during our stay, so it was very quite. Area is safe. We walked up the dirt road to eat dinner one evening and it was quite dark on the way back. Just be sure to take a flash light with you as we had to use our cellphones for light. Owner has a very nice small breakfast menu to choose from and all food was delicious. Rooms were very clean and comfortable. Water was beautiful. Try to schedule your trips to nearby ruins etc on days that the cruise ship is not in town and you'll have everything to yourselves. On cruise days, spend the time enjoying the snorkeling just outside your door. We will definitely be back. Just can't say enough good things about this area and hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Balamku is a small ecological hotel that offers beautiful rooms all facing the Sea and directly on the beach. We guarantee privacy, tranquility and excellent service. Since we are 6 kms south of Mahahual, our hotel is never noisy or crowded. We do not work with cruise ship folks so privacy is never compromised. The newly improved beach road makes access to town easy in less than 10 minutes. Kayaks are free to explore the reef just metres from our beach for great snorkeling. Large breakfasts are included as well as taxes.Enjoy the Caribbean Sea away from the crowds and relax in our natural environment.Please join us for private YOGA here or in town. Exceptional experience! Look for our YOGA retreats on FB ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Balamku Inn on the Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Balamku Inn On The Beach Hotel Mahahual
- Balamku Inn On The Beach Mahahual, Mexico - Costa Maya