We booked this place based on Trip Advisor reviews and we're so happy we did! It's an amazing, little Inn with just 10 rooms located right ON a small strip of beach front about 5-6 Km south of Majahual. Majahual itself isn't much to write home about as it's a typical, small Mexican village with several bodegas and some (really over priced) restaurants and beach clubs adjacent to a "melacon" which is a bit more like a faux Mexican beach town built solely for the occasional cruise ship. Majahual is just okay, the Balamku, however, is fantastic.
The place is spotless, well kept, well run but a Canadian couple (Though, I understand this will be changing). The Inn is run off of solar and wind power, has okay wifi/Internet, no phone, no TV and stunning views. You can snorkel or Kayak along the small barrier reef (about 500 meters off the shore), comb the beaches or just hang out in a hammock.
Insofar as food goes, breakfast is included and is excellent. Lunch can be a challenge as there are two restaurants nearby (both excellent) but they seem to open and close based more on mood than on set hours. If you go to the Maya Luna Inns restaurant, try the Pineapple shrimp dish. The other restaurant is called the Travel-Inn and is also good, though not quite as remarkable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Balamku is a small ecological hotel that offers beautiful rooms all facing the Sea and directly on the beach. We guarantee privacy, tranquility and excellent service. Since we are 6 kms south of Mahahual, our hotel is never noisy or crowded. We do not work with cruise ship folks so privacy is never compromised. The newly improved beach road makes access to town easy in less than 10 minutes. Kayaks are free to explore the reef just metres from our beach for great snorkeling. Large breakfasts are included as well as taxes.Enjoy the Caribbean Sea away from the crowds and relax in our natural environment.Please join us for private YOGA here or in town. Exceptional experience! Look for our YOGA retreats on FB ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Odigeo, Booking.com and HostelWorld so you can book your Balamku Inn on the Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Balamku Inn On The Beach Hotel Mahahual
- Balamku Inn On The Beach Mahahual, Mexico - Costa Maya