After procrastinating for a while and after reading some of the latest reviews I have finally sat down to do mine; I met T & Manny a few years ago and was amazed at how they turned Schooners into one of the best places on the Mexican west coast so when they told me they were headed to the Yucatan peninsula to run an inn I just had to go and see what this was all about.
Balamku Inn on the Beach is a great place , green, off the beaten path but with all the amenities I look for when on holyday i.e. peaceful, clean, right on the beach with great service and big smiles from everyone that works there .
I never thought that breakfast would be such an event but the twins and T can do that and make it the meal of the day I just wish the feast could go on all day but sadly we had to go out for dinner as they don’t have a full restaurant on the premises .
Have to say that my friends have formed a great service team there, one that looks after guests as if they are family so we were spoiled rotten, have to admit they have done it once again and soon it will be a destination.
Every paradise has its flaws like the sea grass that tickles when swimming or the fact that sea currents deposit lots of garbage on the Mahahual beaches or that the vendors on the board walk pester you constantly or the fact that the ATMs are only replenished if the cruise ship docks so you are forced to carry and conceal a big wad of cash as very few places take credit cards but in the end this is Mexico and that’s what we love, so be prepared and enjoy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Balamku is a small ecological hotel that offers beautiful rooms all facing the Sea and directly on the beach. We guarantee privacy, tranquility and excellent service. Since we are 6 kms south of Mahahual, our hotel is never noisy or crowded. We do not work with cruise ship folks so privacy is never compromised. The newly improved beach road makes access to town easy in less than 10 minutes. Kayaks are free to explore the reef just metres from our beach for great snorkeling. Large breakfasts are included as well as taxes.Enjoy the Caribbean Sea away from the crowds and relax in our natural environment.Please join us for private YOGA here or in town. Exceptional experience! Look for our YOGA retreats on FB ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HostelWorld and Agoda so you can book your Balamku Inn on the Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Balamku Inn On The Beach Hotel Mahahual
- Balamku Inn On The Beach Mahahual, Mexico - Costa Maya