A lot has already been said in other reviews. To summarize our great experience:
Quiet, spacious room, great breakfast, nice beach, wifi internet and very friendly staff and owner Carol is also very friendly and helpful. If you arrive by bus, take a taxi to the hotel (about 10-15 minutes). You can't pay the hotel with credit card, so bring enough cash (ATM's are available in town).
There are two good restaurant (Maya Luna and Travel In) within walking distance (5-10 minutes). Try the excellent pineapple dish at Maya Luna and the tapas at Travel In!
We did our diving with Selma from Nomad Divers (http://www.nomaddivers.com/). Selma is a great instructor and fun to dive with. We can highly recommend her!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Balamku is a small ecological hotel that offers beautiful rooms all facing the Sea and directly on the beach. We guarantee privacy, tranquility and excellent service. Since we are 6 kms south of Mahahual, our hotel is never noisy or crowded. We do not work with cruise ship folks so privacy is never compromised. The newly improved beach road makes access to town easy in less than 10 minutes. Kayaks are free to explore the reef just metres from our beach for great snorkeling. Large breakfasts are included as well as taxes.Enjoy the Caribbean Sea away from the crowds and relax in our natural environment.Please join us for private YOGA here or in town. Exceptional experience! Look for our YOGA retreats on FB ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, HostelWorld and Odigeo so you can book your Balamku Inn on the Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Balamku Inn On The Beach Hotel Mahahual
- Balamku Inn On The Beach Mahahual, Mexico - Costa Maya