My husband found the MBG site while browsing for some place other then a large resort to stay on the Yucatan. We took a bus from the Cancun airport to Playa Del Carmen. You can purchase the ticket right at the airport and buses run every hour for about $5.usd. We spent the first night in Playa del Carmen at an inexpensive hotel. In the AM, we went back to the main bus station on quinta and traveled to Mahahual. The ADO bus was so comfortable, watching movies. We arrived in Mahahual (get off at the second stop near the ocean). We were able to take a taxi for $20. usd to MBG, which is about 30 km. From the moment we arrived, it was heaven. This is remote but right on the water. If you are looking for a very quiet spot where you can truly learn what the word “relax” means then this is your place. The cabanas are roomy, comfortable beds, bottled water, solar showers, beautiful tile work and western toilet. The grounds are nicely landscaped. The food was beyond good. The communal meals and conversation with other guests and owners Marcia and Kim, was great. After 3 days, we ventured back to Mahahual to shop and ended up renting a car so we could travel to areas suggested by Marcia. We traveled to ruins and remote beaches, snorkeling and just enjoying everything. After a week, we returned the car and took a bus back to Playa del Carmen for another 3 days before returning to the US. I have suggested MBG to many travelers and I know of one co worker who went to MBG and could not stop talking about the trip. This was the most wonderful vacation of my life. You have not lived until you have visited MBG. You will be dazzled by its charm, the Caribbean, the owners and listening to the adventures of other guests and I guarantee you will be pleased. I have already booked another trip and encourage you to be adventurous. Avoid the large resorts that cater to Americans and visit the real Mexico, you';; be glad you did.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Secluded off the grid solar powered beach front Inn, nestled on sandy white beach on the Mexican Caribbean. Walk for miles in either direction, swim or snorkel from shore. This is the closest Hotel to the Sian Ka'an Biosphere- maps and independent traveler's guidance are available. King sized beds, fans and large bathrooms in each room. Hot Breakfast included. To protect the tranquility and quiet of the hotel, only children over the age of 12 are allowed during the months of January, February, March and April. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Mayan Beach Garden reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mayan Beach Garden Hotel Mahahual
- Mayan Beach Garden Mahahual, Mexico - Costa Maya