“The only all inclusive in the area-- service was great- beds were terrible!” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Reef Yucatan - All Inclusive & Convention Center

Hotel Reef Yucatan - All Inclusive & Convention Center
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Telchac Puerto
TIjuana, Mexico
“The only all inclusive in the area-- service was great- beds were terrible!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2012

We stayed here 4 days for a retreat of my husbands work. Overall it was a nice place, just a few Mosquitos & bugs. However, the beds were so uncomfortable we did not sleep well at all. Very hard beds. I told my husband I wouldn't mind coming back one day as the food, service & location was nice, but I would bring my own air bed so I could get some rest. The staff in the kid club were exceptionally nice. Thank you.

• Stayed April 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank blondepenguin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Mexico City, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2012

This hotel is a good place to organize meetings, in our case 10 days of talks and a variety of field activities. The staff took very good care of us, every request was attended. The variety of food and drinks was very good. The only thing I would suggest them is to have a wider selection of music for their eating areas. The isolation of the hotel facilitated not having people wander around, which was good for learning purposes, but not all people liked this situation.

Room Tip: The rooms that face the ocean are the best, specially those in building 1700 because they are away f...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank pattdf
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2012

Awesome.....can't wait tio go back in november....very clean......friendly staff

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank Wandamcrawford
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2011

We booked this excursion independently instead of thru Carnival for a day pass and were a little nervous about it. Staff were quick to e-mail us confirmation and directions. The nice , air conditioned bus was waiting there when we arrived to take us into Auto Progresso headquarters. When we arrived at the resort check in was quick & easy. The resort was beautiful, looked just like the photos on their web page . Both pools were well maintained and neither was crowded. Staff kept the drinks flowing & made everything we requested. The beach was amazing, clean, sandy & cristal clear. Nice hammocks & chairs. Food was bufet style and more then adequate. Lots of shells & marine life to see. We were 6 ladies on our own & we had a great time without any hassles.

• Stayed September 2011
6 Thank Michelesanmiguel
Hermosillo, Mexico
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2011

I don't even know where to start...
The mosquito capital of the world is here...
The rooms are ugly and dirty
All inclusive, you bet! Want water? There's a station outside... Oh you want bottled water? Sorry that you have to buy...
Service is good though
This would be an OK 69.99 hotel, but come on! Five stars... Not even close

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank CarlosBonC

Travellers are raving about these Telchac Puerto hotels

Gainesville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2011

I love this hotel. It is right on the beach, with its white sand. The lunch room has a palapa roof, and the food is good. The pool is beautiful, with a bridge. The lounge chairs under the palm trees are inviting. The rooms have the feel of a Spanish villa mixed with native Mayan wall decorations in the lobby. High ceilings and tile floors make the rooms cool. As I recall, there are no other hotels on either side of the Reef Hotel. You know it is good because cruise boat passengers docked in Progresso have day passes to the hotel. The Reef Hotel is a short distance from Progresso's fish restaurants and canoe trips on the estuary. A little further away is the pretty Mayan pyramid complex of Tzibilchaltun, and a little farther on is the 400-year-old capitol city of Yucatan--Merida, with its cathedral and lovely old plantation owners' mansions along the Paseo Montejo. There is also a huge shopping mall just before you get into Merida. Other wonderful places around Merida are the restored haciendas of the jute plantation owners. You can overnight in some of them, and they have good food available. On the way to Chichen Itza, there is a deep cenote with a wonderful restaurant on its rim. By the way, the beach at Progresso includes the site of the asteroid strike that changed geological history--Chixsalub.

Room Tip: Of course, a room on the beach side is the best.
  • Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
3 Thank SandraD7
Merida, Yucatan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2010

To start, I did not stay at this hotel. I visited it to see if I wanted to stay.

Lacking a standard definition, and an adequate advertising budget, anyone can claim a million star rating on a chicken coop. I go this quote from some website after I checked to see what a five star rating on a hotel really means.

Carnaval in Merida runs from Feb 10 to Feb 17, 2010 and I hate it. The street barriers, the noise, the beer stands and the crowds make this the most unpleasant time in Merida for me SO I want to go elsewhere for this time.

I have gone to several beach towns nearby and have not found anything that appeals. Yesterday, I went to the Reef Yucatan http://www.reefyucatan.com/index_ing.php in Telchac Puerto, a small fishing town about 40 miles from Merida.

Their ads and their website promised a wonderful experience. I took the bus to Telchac Puerto, then a moto-taxi to the hotel (50 pesos about $4 US). AS we turned into the Hotel Area, the beach scene was beautiful. The Hotel Zone consisted in one hotel: the Reef Yucatan.

The entry was incredible – a huge palapa (straw) roof about one hundred feet high surrounded by beautifully landscaped gardens. The beach and ocean in the background added to the ambience.

The dining room was lovely – light, airy and with a nice e buffet.

Then I toured the place and learned:

1. The gym was not available for the weekend. Maybe this did not matter since I was not staying this weekend but…

2. The hot tub did not exist. When I mentioned that I had seen it in the website, they told me it was not in service. They did not mention WHEN it would be in service.

3. The website mentioned nightly entertainment and the clerk confirmed this but did not tell me what the entertainment was for the next few days. The theater appeared to be unused for a long time.

4. There were neither refrigerators nor coffee makers in the rooms.

I thanked the clerk and asked about a taxi back to Telchac Puerto. He quoted me a rice of 200 pesos (about $16 US). After I declined this, he finally told me I could use the employees´ bus back if I waited two hours!

All this in a five star hotel with a price of $100 US per day!

I think not!

Technotel Beach
Technotel Beach
#1 of 3 in Chicxulub
Hotel Hacienda San Francisco Tzacalha

Been to Hotel Reef Yucatan - All Inclusive & Convention Center? Share your experiences!