“Best hostel ever!”

and 1 more site!
Hostel Candelaria
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Valladolid
Reviewed 26 August 2013

This was our first stop in Mexico and we couldn't have been more warmly welcomed. The staff were so helpful and knowledgeable.

We had a private room which, whilst boiling hot, was lovely and clean and the beds were comfy. The room also had a safe and a fan and the toilets were communal and semi-open air so not smelly at all given the heat and the sharing!

The hostel was also in the perfect location and we found a couple of nice restaurants close by. Breakfast was average but for the price no complaints.

The best part of this hostel was the lovely setting with plants and hammocks and great for chilling out. Valladolid was pretty much my favourite place in Mexico as there were hardly any tourists so if you check it out you should definitely stay here!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Hostel Candelaria

Reviewed 20 August 2013

very helpful staff, arrived before check in so was given locker for stuff and lots of tips. kitchen and seating in lovely garden behind hostel. funky decor, good inclusive breakfast, big room with comfy bed. shared loos and showers but these were clean. definitely recommended for back packer types!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 August 2013

I stayed here for two nights with two other girls and heard about it as a recommendation from a fellow traveller. First of all the place looks fantastic, it's incredibly clean. You feel like you walk into a fabulous forest wonderland. They have dorms and private rooms all well kept. Their common area and kitchen facilities are great. You can make your own meals with plenty of utensils etc provided and a good breakfast is provided. It's all set up with great care and the staff make you feel very welcome. You can even rent bikes there and cycle to the Cenotes. The staff know the area well and are proud of their hostel and it shows. It's a great atmosphere. I would recommend this hostel to all fellow travellers.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 August 2013

I was just passing through for a night on route to Merida and within 20 minutes of arriving, I decided to stay an extra night. I met Yon (absolute star) on the front desk who happily put up with my very basic Spanish and showed me around this beautiful hostel. Other than the mosquitos, I absolutely loved this place and the city within which it resides. Everyone was so friendly and the place had such a great ambience that I would have gladly stayed for weeks. If you have been travelling for some time and need a couple days to do nothing but chill and gather your wits, stay in Valladolid at Candeleria...it did wonders for me.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 August 2013

What a fantastic hostel this place is. We stayed for 2 nights and could easily have stayed a lot longer. Everything about this place is awesome. The staff are incredibly lovely, have lots of information about what to do in the area and are very proud of the hostel they run. This to me is what makes all the difference - people that care about doing a good job. But to add to the experience, this place has the most wonderful of gardens for your use. Our room was upstairs overlooking the garden below. There are benches covered in vines, an outside kitchen and right at the back hammocks to laze the days that you don't have plans away. It's quite a magical setting. Theres bikes for rent ( for very little $$), that you can cycle to the nearby Cenotes with. On top of that the atmosphere created by the staff rubs off on the people that stay here - everyone we met here was incredibly friendly, interactive and we spent nights chatting to anyone that sat down with us. I've not stayed at a better hostel than this on my 8 week trip through Mexico. I only wish we'd had more time here.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 August 2013

A friend and I spent a few days in Valladolid while staying at La Candelaria and we loved it! Entire hostel is extremely clean. Two kitchens are both cool and well stocked. The rooftop shower is pretty awesome to use at sunrise! Staff was extremely helpful and friendly! The hostel had a very fun vibe without being a party hostel. I'd definitely go back!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 July 2013 via mobile

We stayed here 5 nights in a private room. When we came in Jose greeted and showed us around. He was very friendly and accommodating. The hostel has everything you need, a fully functional kitchen, lots of areas to relax, nice staff, good breakfast and fast Wi-Fi connection. I really loved the vibes in this place, it is like a hidden paradise in the middle of Valladolid. Highly recommend this place if you are in town.

• Stayed: July 2013