“BEST WOOD FIRED PIZZA AROUND!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Casa Italia

Casa Italia
Ranked #10 of 103 Restaurants in Valladolid
Price range: US$7 - US$12
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, European
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Cheap Eats, Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Casa Italia was planned to be a welcoming place to have an small experience of Italy, managed and served by Italian owners with an authentic Italian food, wine, ice cream, coffee and wood-fire oven for hand made pizza. Located in the lovely park of Candelaria three blocks from city center is a real peaceful place to enjoy life. Info corner and free wireless internet.Monday-Saturday 6:30-11:30pm
Isla Holbox Quintana Roo
“BEST WOOD FIRED PIZZA AROUND!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2013

True Wood Fired Great thin crust pizzas @ a Reasonable Price. Makes DOMINOES taste like the cardboard box they deliver it in! Another Great meal is their SUPERB Homemade LASAGNA!

In the Park Candelaria Beautiful setting Just like Old World ITALY! Friendly ONSITE Owners & Staff....MUMMMM GREAT!

Visited September 2013

Jersey City, New Jersey
“Great place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2013

We came REALLY early, pretty much as they were opening, but were very warmly welcomed. The waitress was thrown off by my order for a Fernet & coke with lemon - she double checked the order, and then asked if it would be ok if she brought the items separately. I received a sifter of Fernet, bottle of coke, glass, and plate with an entire cut up lime (close enough), which were delivered a little tenderly, as though she had surely misunderstood what I wanted and was ready to correct it immediately. I guess they don't get a lot of Argentines. I found the whole situation quite funny but well handled. As for the pizza, and I say this as a bit of a pizza snob, it was FANTASTIC. We ordered the pesto pizza. The crust was perfect - just the right thickness, a little charred without being burnt on the outside and chewing on the inside. The pesto was perfect as well, with very a bold basil flavor. Two of us gobbled up an entire pizza. As we neared the end of our pizza the place started to get packed, but the service remained as attentive as it was when we were the only two people in the restaurant, and we decided to stay for dessert. The gelato, though not made in-house, was a very nice finishing touch to the meal.

Rome, Italy
“Terrific pizza!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2013

One of the best pizza I ever ate (I am Italian). Quattro stagioni was fantastic. Lot of very fresh and tasty ingredients. Crust very well made and cooked. To try with the chilly oil (ask for it). Atmosphere very good, service was very nice and professional. Perfect dining experience at a very modest price! Absolutely to try if you are travelling around in Yucatan.

• Visited August 2013
“Great food and atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2013 via mobile

Had dinner here a few times while staying in valladolid and it was so good! Great fresh pasta with yummy sauces, didnt try the pizzas but they looked amazing. Staff are so sweet and helpful! It has a great atmosphere and is a nice place to relax , drink wine and get full! I think this is the best in this town .

Nanaimo, Canada
“One Of The Best Meals During A Month Stay In The Yucatan”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2013

I am still catching up on reviews of our self guided bus tour through out the Yucatan, Feb 2011. I feel this review is still valid as the restaurant is still there & according to many reviews still serving wonderful Italian food.

I read the reviews on TA about this Italian restaurant tucked away on a back street in Valladolid.
So, after traipsing around the main square, we went in search of this restaurant. It was a bit difficult to find. All the while, my appetite for some delicious Italian food was growing. Finally, we found it! Wouldn't you know it? It was Monday & the restaurant was closed. How crushing! LOL

The next evening, we reappeared at their door.We were warm greeted & seated. We ordered some lovely Italian red wine to sip while waiting for our meals. I had focaccia. and Insalata Calabrese. My husband had pasta with mushrooms, prosciutto, & cream sauce.

The Casa Italia. It is reputed to have the best Italian food out side of Italy. It lived up to its reputation. It was one of the best meals that we had during our month stay in the Yucatan.

• Visited July 2013