“Expensive food, not great value”

Taberna de los Frailes
Ranked #16 of 104 Restaurants in Valladolid
Price range: US$7 - US$16
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Calzada de los Frailes y el Convento de San Bernardino de Siena
Description: Renown Gourmet Maya Cuisine. Large wine selection. Tequila and Mezcal. Specialty cocktails. Excellent service in a most unique location and ambiance.
Calgary, Canada
“Expensive food, not great value”
Reviewed 18 November 2013

We were lucky to have a free beverage coupon, so our meal wasn't outrageously expensive, only very expensive! The meals we ordered were traditional so I can't comment as to their authentic taste. I personally hated mine, but if you take chances you're going to leave hungry once in a while. HOWEVER, I can say that the price for the same meal was high compared to other places we went later in our trip.

I must give credit on the appetizer, grilled watermelon sandwiching cheese and papaya jam. Original YES, pretty good too :)

• Visited October 2013

• Czech first
“Expensive but worth it”
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Relatively speaking of course. Prices in the Yucatan were great, this restaurant was, by comparison, more expensive, but the patio dining was very pleasant and the food was excellent.

Visited October 2013
Los Angeles, CA
“Beautiful surroundings and good food”
Reviewed 9 November 2013

We enjoyed our lunch here. The appetizer of grilled watermelon was fantastic as was the fish dish. My pollo pibil (chicken) could have been better. The sauces here are very delicious and I would recommend this restaurant. It's somewhat pricey but not by US standards.

• Visited November 2013
Lawrence, Kansas
“fine dining”
Reviewed 8 November 2013

I had dinner at Taberna my last night in Valladolid. Being a non-Spanish speaker, I was pleasantly surprised when my waiter, Jorge, spoke in English to me. He was quite enthused to practice his English and was really nice and helpful. I had a grilled watermelon with quevo as my salad and longaniza sausage as my main. It was all delicious, local cuisine in a quiet, elegant, outdoor setting. It also has a full bar and many wines to choose from.

Visited October 2013
London, United Kingdom
“A good place”
Reviewed 5 November 2013 via mobile

A good atmosphere and ambience with tasty cocktails. The food was good but not amazing and it was reasonably priced. Great service. Worth a visit if you want something different.