Hostal del Fraile
US$115
US$106
  • Breakfast included
El Meson del Marques(Valladolid)
US$55
US$153
US$127
US$77
US$58
hotel colonial la aurora(Valladolid)(Great Value!)
US$45
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewshostelrepellenttownfansfridge
Reviewed 28 October 2012 via mobile

bed bugs, clogged bathrooms, a very strange musty smell. This place has severe cleanliness issues. Possibly the worst experience i have suffered in mexico. The owners have to step up to the plate here.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed 20 August 2012

I just stayed one night at Hostal del Fraile and I felt very lucky that it was only a night. The bathroom/shower was not very clean. I stayed in a cabana-like building where I could not even close the window, but at least I had a mosquito net on my bed. I did not get a key to close my room, only a lock and I did not feel completely safe.
The only good point is the location, close to the bus station and in central Valladolid. For one night it is still ok, especially if you are on a tight budget, but I would not recommend it for a longer stay.

Room Tip: I woul rather avoid it if your budget allows it...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 August 2012

Valladolid is a small city, not so much to do or visit. As it was recomended from lonely planet I booked by phone a double room, when we arrived just a young lazy boy attended us; everything seem old and crappy, what they call double room is just a place above the dorm, you have to pass trough the beds, climb a stair and the "room" is a kind of deposit, really hot and without any window!! Are you crazy!!! Bathroom are crappy and outside in a kind of horrible garden.. How can lonely planet suggest this place?
We escaped this junk place as fast as possible!
I really suggest the hotel san clemente in a wonderful location near the cathedral with nice staff low rates and quality room!

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 4 June 2012

We stayed one night in the cabana with two beds and shared bathroom. Everything was clean, just the plastic on the beds made me feel uncomfortable. There is also mosquito nets above the bed, which is good. The guy on reception was friendly and helpful. He and his friends played the pool for quite a long time which makes me feel like if I wanted to go to play, I had to wait for staff to finish, which doesnt seem right to me. There was also TV on, I dont know if it was so loud, but we could hear it well in our room. It didn´t take longer then untill 10 pm though. Breakfast is included, but it´s very simple. The hostel is very well located, 5 minutes walk to the centre. It is good deal for the price but not for a long stay.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 February 2012

This place is a gem. It has shared dorms but also two cute cabanas (one with bathroom and one without) and a small swimming pool. The place is spotless. The owner was amazing, helpful, fun and informative. We were glad we stayed here keeping in mind how noisy Valladolid is. There is an authentic Yucateca chocolage store just one block from the hotel.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple