“Best buffet ever”

La Casona de Valladolid
Ranked #4 of 104 Restaurants in Valladolid
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Kids, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, After-hours, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: At “La Casona” you can enjoy the past while in the present, as well as an exquisite culinary experience. This beautiful site offers the best of Yucatecan food, either in a buffet or a la carte format, and has special prices for visitors from the states of Yucatan and Quintana Roo.En “La Casona” se disfruta del pasado en el presente, así como de una exquisita experiencia culinaria. Este hermoso recinto, con capacidad para 306 personas, cuenta con una fina selección de 130 platillos con lo mejor de la tradicional comida yucateca, ya sea en modalidad de buffet o a la carta, y ofrece precios especiales a quintanarroenses y yucatecos.
“Best buffet ever”
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

We went here as part of a day tour. I have been to many buffets at several 5 star hotels and they have nothing on this buffet. But I must mention mexican food is my favorite food. They had so many local dishes and didnt hold back on the spices. There juice selection was also great with fresh watermelon, papaya and mango juice. I had the horchata which was great. The scenery and atmosphere was very romantic and beautiful. With an excellent local arts gift shop there as well. I highly recommend this buffet. I would fly back to cancun and take a bus here just to eat here again

• Hungarian first
Mexico City
“Authentic regional food in buffet”
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

Located near the local central plaza it has the advantage to serve a good buffet where you can taste the local food. They also offer other intl plates if you are not so adventorous. It worked well for us as we wanted to pack more activities on the day and the buffet saved us from waiting time. Service was attentive and located in a nice colonial house.

Visited May 2014
New York City, New York
“Amazing setting, ok food”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Let me preface this with the fact that I am not a buffet person. The setting is quite lovely, with beautiful decoration, fountain, mosaic altar, and a nice little gift shop. Seems to be a bit of a tourist trap, where busloads of tourists come to have an authentic Mayan meal before their next destination. It is very expensive, even for a buffet, and I thought much of the food was just ok...but the cafeteria feeling may have turned me off.

• Visited April 2014
Departamento C, Customer Service Team at La Casona de Valladolid, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Dear Visitor,

We apologize for haven’t reached your expectations during your visit.

Thank you for sharing your comments, your feedback helps us immensely to improve our service.
Please, tell us if there was something specific you didn’t like about the food, we´ll be very glad to receive your comments at customerservice@experienciasxcaret.com

Customer Service Team
Experiencias Xcaret
Portland, Oregon
“Great experience”
Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

Went for lunch today. Nice setting, great service. Buffet had many items including steak and yucatan dishes. Food was good and buffet included soda, beer and fruit juices. Beautiful fountain in the back. Overall a very enjoyable meal.

Chichester, United Kingdom
“Choice, choice and then some more choice”
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I stopped here within a group of people on a tour to Chichen itza. If you are looking at trips to Chichen itza from Riveira Maya then pick one that stops here. This is the perfect break up of the journey. The place was tranquil and peaceful. lots of interesting pictures to take once you have eaten. However with the variety and quality of food you may use all your time trying out amazing food choices. The are a lot of hot and cold options, a great local soup with breads. A chilli made with chocolate. If you are from England and make chillis with any jar sauces then here is where you will find authentic. I have made my own meals at home and since visiting this place I have added so many new ingredients that I discovered here. Its a shame we could not stay longer. That the only negative.

• Visited December 2013