“Nice hotel. Pretty Style. Clean”

Ecotel Quinta Regia
Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Valladolid
San Francisco
“Nice hotel. Pretty Style. Clean”
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Very pretty hotel with large, clean, stylish rooms. The hotel is a little out from the center of town, but has an elegant style with very helpful, polite staff.
There is a restaurant in the hotel and we ate four meals there during our stay. The waiter (?owner) at the restaurant was very friendly and helpful with translating the menu (he had an English version). It was nice to be able to order and eat from the outside seating area by the pool. Food was very good and the prices were very reasonable.
Enclosed parking attached to the hotel was helpful.
The architectural style of the hotel was Spanish and pretty. Beds were a little firm, but acceptable.
The room air conditioner got noisy at night, but I believe that this was due to condensation freezing in the unit as it disappeared after shutting off the unit for a while and then restarting it.
All in all, it was a pleasant place to stay. The town is small enough that driving to the central square was made possible by the ease of parking. We found that the hotel was further from the central square than we wished to walk due to the heat and humidity outdoors.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Stanton G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

This is a thoroughly pleasant place to rest and revive. Not exactly in walking distance as they claim. Taxi is only a few dollars so no matter. It is walkable, 10-15 minutes on narrow walkways. Breakfast was good. Room was spacious and service fine.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Nancy C
California
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Approaching Valladolid I made a wrong turn and found myself an the not very pretty outskirts of the town. The street was full of huge potholes and the houses looking very sad. My wife asked me why I didn't ask for directions. I replied,"So who would I ask and how would I understand the answer." Like a guy I just kept driving around this beat up area trying to keep headed towards where I thought the main part of town was. Suddenly, there appeared the back entrance to the hotel. I drove through the massive gated entrance that was open and parked. My gosh, the grounds were beautiful. I saw a guy working in the shrubbery. "Donde esta officina? I asked him. He indicated for me to follow him. I did. We went into the beautiful lobby and were greeted by a very nice lady. We got checked in and a fellow took us to our room. Stunning. I'd only paid $62 for this room and both of us were surprised at how nice it was. Inside the room there was an arched red brick entrance to the sleeping area. The beds had lovely blankets tied in an artistic fashion and laying across the beds.

I had read that Valladolid was a good example of Spanish colonial towns. At the front office I asked how far and which way to the town center. About 5 blocks. We began our walk. Hmmm. Once again not looking very good. We didn't feel that it wasn't safe. It was just that we're walking past houses for the most part that were in pretty sad shape. Then, a block from the town center, the drabness disappeared. The buildings were painted in pastels and hosted very upscale shops. Silver, art, fashionable dresses were being sold. The town square had a park filled with trees, a fountain, and people enjoying the evening. We spent several hours here before beginning our walk back to the hotel.

I recommend this hotel and Valladolid. It was one of the highlights of our trip to the Yucatan. We went two nights here.

Room Tip: It appeared that all the rooms have a garden view.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BeachWizard4U
South East England
Reviewed 15 February 2014

We stayed in this hotel for two nights as part of a group tour which included breakfast and dinner, our experience may not reflect individual bookings.

I think we were rather unlucky with our late arrival at the hotel, the rest of the group had arrived earlier. We were given a very lukewarm welcome and just handed our room keys. Dinner had been saved for us and we had each course plonked down in front of us, no choice. Although the waiters were friendly the next night plates were plonked down similarly although were offered two choices before we arrived back from our trip. We were given one dessert plate short but I wasn’t too bothered so gave mine up to hubby. The hotel had a really good breakfast buffet with loads of fresh fruit, cooked option and breads but on the second day choices ran out as a largish group were in before us.

We had trouble locating our room then found our cases left at the bottom of the stairs, others in the group said theirs had been taken to their rooms. Certainly they were collected the day of departure from outside the room.

The room was of fair size with two large single (or small double) beds. Beds and room were clean and tidy. Each bed had four overfilled pillows plus a cushion and two heavy covers. There was nowhere really to put them all except on the floor and seemed to be overkill, just a couple of pillows with the light blanket would have been fine. We had problems getting the toilet to flush adequately. The soaps etc were lovely, all natural products. The shower tiles were very very slippery, a bath mat is provided but still be very careful. The air con was efficient but very noisy.

Wi-Fi was very slow but there are three computers in the lobby you could use for free.

There are a few local shops around, it was here we discovered OXXO which are a chain of little stores with snacks and drinks to eat in or take away, recommended. Valladolid felt a very safe and attractive place to wander round.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AnnieB08
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 2 February 2014

I booked this hotel through Expedia. We stayed only for one night in Valladolid Jan 2014. It is a very large and pretty hotel with a backyard that looks like a jungle. The decor is nice and rustic, but the beds a little hard. Super clean, nice bathroom, awesome balcony. Good coffee. Helpful front desk. The night we were there it was very loud due to a tour group of teenagers coming from Cancun. Overall, a nice place to stay, was about a 20 minute walk into the centro area. We parked our rental car in the hotel's ample parking spaces (secured at night).

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
108 Mile Ranch, Canada
Reviewed 31 January 2014

My wife and I came here for 3 days and 2 nights and this hotel filled all of our needs...the room was clean and quiet the staff was friendly the price is fair and the food was good the pool was clean not sure what else you would want...5 blocks from the main square was just right for us a nice little walk each evening but not too far

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Andy W
Stuttgart, Germany
Reviewed 9 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed there only one night. Hotel is a bit too far from the main square. Room is ok, balcony was really cozy!! Internet connection is ok, food is fine, breakfast is typical. Many germans, even menu is in german. I would recommend this one. Have a nice stay!!

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple