“Great value! Beautiful and peaceful place!”
Review of Casa Quetzal

Casa Quetzal
Ranked #2 of 24 Valladolid B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 September 2012

I stayed two times in Casa Quetzal, one time in March, by myself, and on time in June, with my husband. Both times I loved it very much! It is not 'like' staying with friends, it IS staying with friends! A wonderful atmosphere, a beautiful landscaped garden to relax in, a great breakfast and wonderful staff, all combined with the most gracious owner, Judith!

There is really nothing more to wish for on a trip and this is the perfect place to explore anything in town! Casa Quetzal is right across the Convent, it's quiet and peaceful, and the rooms are absolutley lovely!

Everything is neat and clean and tidy. I stayed in 3 different rooms during these stays and loved them all! The bathrooms are great, and I enjoyed my little balcony upstairs in March. Everything is lush and green with colourful flowers everywhere, and the pool is just what you need to cool off after exploring your surroundings!

I can only recommend this place to anyone, and the other guests I met there were as happy as I am :)

Can't go wrong here! Enjoy!

Room Tip: My favourite room is the one by the pool, upstairs! Love that one personally, but all are great! :)
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 7 August 2012

A wonderful quiet place with a nice garden and high standard of the room. I agree with GeoffW195 - for me it had the highest standard from all the hotels we stayed in Jucatan - we traveled 1 month. A little relaxing oasis. It is a 10 min walk from the city center but it is safe one.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Joanna096
Reviewed 5 August 2012

Family of 5 stayed 3 nights at Casa Quetzal, and we rated it highest of any hotel we visited in a city during a month of travel in Belize and Yucatan/Mexico. Large, well appointed rooms with huge, delicious breakfasts (not included in room price but very reasonably priced). AC and fans worked well in both rooms, staff was friendly and helpful. Looks from the street are deceiving - appears plain enough outside, but once you enter the courtyard you are in a different world. Prices for our stay were very reasonable considering we had 2 large rooms. And the location in Valladolid was great for walking to the village center and other attractions. We loved Valladolid itself, and it was also handy for short drive to Chitzen Itza. Beds were fantastic also...

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 July 2012

This place is lovely quiet and relaxing, 10min walk from the center of town and across the road from the Convent. Great location, great service, super clean and comfortable.

A great place to stay if you want to visit the surrounding site 40mins away by bus, at a cost of only $2 USD if you take local transport.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 June 2012

We had a great time, spacious and confortable room with tropical garden view. Snorkling in Cenotes is ony minutes away. Loved the quiet and delicious Breakfast. A few minutes away from the picturesque town center. Try the taberna de los Frailes, brilliant restaurant a few minutes away ;o)

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CediM
Reviewed 23 May 2012

We got room number 3 for two nights. The room was big, clean, comfortable and nice. I read before that the pool was not good for use in some other reviews, but my children used it. Of course there were some leafs in it, but how can´t it be if it is surrounded by beautiful big trees? I found the location convenient. Of course Valladolid is a great small town.

This is what I did not like: I made my reservation online and it was respected. But I overheard a conversation later that same day with some other guest that made a reservation only by telephone. His reservation was not respected. The staff told the guest that they tried to reach him to confirm, but the telephone that the guest gave the hotel was of his office, and of course there was nobody in it; so they decided to give away their room.

I do not know if this could have happened to me if I had not arrived early that day.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank JOSEmonterrey
Reviewed 20 May 2012

This is a really lovely little hotel built around a lovely pool and garden. It is about 10 minutes walk down to the main square and it is close to the beautiful old convent of San Bernando and an excellent restaurant (about two mins walk just on the other side of the convent). The room was really well decorated and clean and the outside seating area nice, although the mozzies come out in force so it doesn't make for a relaxing end of day beer! The staff were really friendly and helped us organise a driver for the day to take us to Rio Logartos, San Felipe and Chichen Itza. The taxi was good value and enabled us to do much more in the time we had than if we used buses. There is also a taxi rant about a minute from the hotel (on the sqaure) where you can pick up a ride to the Cenotes.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends