All reviewsnice poolchapelvillahaciendatown
Reviewed 27 February 2010

After reading the reviews I booked this hotel but we were quit disappointed.
The rooms looked just like another typical American motel room.
We had to drive into town with the car to get to nice restaurants etcetera.
The worst part : we were the only guests, put next to the entrance where employees were talking loudly all night. I had to get out of bed and ask them to be quiet. The next morning at 6 o'clock there was more loud talking. So we did'nt get a good nigts sleep.
As there are many hotels in Valladolid I would look around first before booking this one.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 January 2010

For one night it may be ok but not much more. It is right off the toll road and next to the large supermarket on the north side of town. It take a good 15 minutes to walk into the main square. It is a safe walk, but the sidewalk is full of bunps and broken pavement. There is a nice ice cream shop on the way.

One issue I have is that the photo's showed a nice pool. It was warm and I wanted to use it. The pool has maybe a foot or two of water in it, so that was not possible. I think I would stay somewhere closer such as the Hotel Zaci in the future. The staff were nice, but seemed bored. We never saw anyone eatting in the resturant.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 January 2010

We stayed at the hotel 3 nights in late December and enjoyed our stay. Though fairly sparse, the rooms were fairly spacious and clean. The hotel felt safe and on a large enough property to deter those who are not guests. The on-sight restaurant/bar was decent, reasonable and helpful to have available, plus there is a large supermarket adjacent to the hotel with food, other supplies and an ATM. The hotel is not centrally located, east of the center just off the main highway intersections, but the walk to the town center is about 10-15 minutes and very safe, well-lit and easy. Suitable in Valladolid for a reasonably priced hotel.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 November 2009

I went to Mexico with my husband, 3-year-old son and my mother. We really enjoyed our stay at the Hotel Hacienda Sanchez. There weren't many other guests so it was very quiet and we felt like we had the place to ourselves. We rented a little guest house and everything was very clean and comfortable. The grounds of the hotel were perfect with a little one so we had some space outside to play and a porch to sit on.

The food was delicious and more authentic style mexican food so it was fun to try some new dishes.The staff (although only spanish speaking-one guy knew a little english and we had a fun time trying to communicate) was extremely accommodating and friendly. The town was very interesting and although after Cancun's over-development was a bit of a shock, we soon got to see what other parts of Mexico were really about. The Cenote in town was very beautiful and well worth the visit, especially to see the eyeless fish!!!

I don't think someone wanting the 5-star all-inclusive fantasy type of travel would be happy but as someone who has travelled extensively including camping and hostelling to five-star, this was a great mid-range, budget friendly stay!
We really enjoyed ourselves and wish we had a more time to spend here for the sheer relaxation value and a chance to see Mexico beyond the Florida-like Cancun.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank wanderlustOttawa
Reviewed 12 July 2009

I don't think the hotel Hacienda Sanchez was ever a real hacienda, but it does a very good job of imitating one with three floor of rooms and single suites surrounding a traditional-looking garden/patio. If it weren't for the heat and the mosquitoes, it'd be a great place to hang out. The hotel also has a very nice pool, including a kiddie pool. When we were there, nobody else was using it.

The rooms were a bit on the plain side, but very clean. There was lots of water pressure and the necessary toiletries. A/C but not a fan or a fridge. My one complaint, however, would be that they don't use fitted sheets on the beds, so they come undone at night.

We had dinner at the hotel restaurant (we were the only ones there), and the food was great and the service unparalleled.

I wish we would have had a reason to stay more than one night in the area.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family