“Magical holidays at Sin Duda”
Review of Sin Duda Villas

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Xcalak
Sin Duda Villas
Ranked #1 of 4 Xcalak B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Magical holidays at Sin Duda”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

The problem with Sin Duda is that words really fail to describe your experience there. It's a very special place, made magical by the hospitality of your amazing hosts, the sea, the bach and also the obvious fondness and love returning guests (and we are many!!) are infusing Sin Duda with.
As a place to experience a back to nature beach holiday Sin Duda brings out all the stops: beautiful beach, turquoise sea and coral reefs you can swim to. The rooms are very beautiful and comfortable, and there are "Margoritas" in the evenings which bring guests and your hosts together. There is a beautiful and well stocked kitchen for guests to prepare food, and the daily food trucks only add to the fun.
It has to be said that this is not for "everyone" - this is not the place to expect room service, restaurants and a spa. But if you are after a holiday to nurture sould and spirits go to see Dave and Lesley at Sin Duda!!!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
San Benito, Texas
Reviewed 19 May 2014

A couple of weeks back, my girlfriend and I made the trek to Xcalak and stayed at Sin Duda for 5 nights. As a whole the experience was amazing. Beginning the first inquiry of our stay fall 2013, Dave and Lesley made our vacation great. They even referred a trusted car rental agency(EasyWAY) in Cancun to which we were also very pleasantly surprised. Sin Duda is located on a very picturesque piece of beach just north of the town of Xcalak. It was exactly what we were looking for. Our ocean room had a perfect view of the ocean/beach and we were located very close to productive wadeable fishing flats. We also booked a fishing trip with Jose XCALAK through Lesley's recommendation. One of the best fishing guides I've ever been on a boat with. The hardest part of the stay was leaving the last day. We are already planning our return next year!!! I highly recommend Sin Duda for an intimate and amazing vacation. Margoritas were killer! Thanks again DAVE!!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Marcus M
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I recently took a trip to Xcalak this past April for the 3rd time in my life. I cannot elaborate enough how great of time I had. I stayed with my fishing buddy in the bailando room this time. Incredible place to stay. The hospitality of the new owners was outstanding. My friend and I caught many of fish, took some amazing photos, and really just had the trip of a lifetime. I would recommend this to any friend or family member in the fullest. I dream everyday of next year when I am going to return. This place will always hold a magical place in my heart and will probably return every year for the rest of my life. Thank you Leslie and Dave for making my experience 5 star in every aspect. I could go on and on and on but you just have to experience it for your self!!!!! Did I mention the most ridiculous snorkling of anywhere in the world is 50 ft from your room!!!! See yall sooner than later!!! -Nolan-

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
San Francisco, CA
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Well, that is a selfish title to a very positive review. We LOVED everything about this place, the owners, the arty vibe, the extreme natural surroundings and the water. Also, the margaritas served perfectly and promptly at 6pm as everyone who has come through mentions. We are already planning another trip to this most remote region. If you like a little luxury while also being mindful of treading lightly on electricity and water usage, this is a dream come true kind of place. We have spent LOTS of time in the Yucatan and were delighted to find how worthwhile it is to explore Quintana Roo and end up here. Our 10 year old daughter fell in love with snorkeling here, and said this place was the best of any vacation she has had. So, can't get much more perfect.

Room Tip: Querencia was perfect for us. We had privacy in the bedroom so actual romance could occur, and our d...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Candace666
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I travelled solo to Sin Duda and stayed in the Studio Selva, which is advertised as “an adult treehouse”. It is a very unique studio apartment because there are 360º windows all around, and you truly feel you are up in the treetops. The path to the beach was right there, and I spent my time relaxing on the beach or reading under a palapa or snorkeling. The snorkeling was incredible. The turquoise water is clear and the coral is very much alive with hundreds of fish. In the evenings, the hotel guests would gather to enjoy each other’s company and of course those Margo-ritas - named after the past owner & inventor of the potion. Dave and Lesley were welcoming and warm hosts. It was a great time and just what I needed. I will be back.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Tyler B
Bath, ME
Reviewed 14 April 2014

My wife and I returned about 2 weeks ago from a 2-week stay at Sin Duda, and it was terrific. Dave and Leslie, the relatively-new owners are wonderful hosts; they make you feel instantly welcome and relaxed. The villas are very nice, clean and bright, each with plenty of room and very comfortable beds. We stayed in two rooms while there: The Patio Room on beach level was great, with (as its name implies) a comfortable patio outside cooled by a sea grape tree and the ocean breezes, a perfect spot to have breakfast (or other meal) or to relax with a book. After several days, we moved to an upstairs room facing the ocean (even better!). Although the late morning and afternoon sun hit the balcony, and we feared the room might be hot even in the evening, it was not at all, but rather very comfortable thanks to the breezes that seemed to always provide welcome moderation. We actually loved both rooms, and would be happy in the future with either. Our rooms both did not have kitchen facilities, although others did. That was fine with us; we used the common kitchen upstairs to prepare our food. Sin Duda provides tasty granola and yogurt in different flavors, milk, and coffee for breakfast at no extra cost plus provides a couple of beers and sodas for your stay. Almost every day, food trucks stop at the villas, where you can buy veggies, fruits (fantastic pineapple for example), chicken, sometimes pork, etc. for your other meals. During our trip, a young boy named Daniel came by and offered his mom's "samudas" (or something like that!) for 15 pesos each; they were terrific, like a closed soft taco with chicken and cheese - delicious! If you have a car and would rather head towards town for dinner, there are several good restaurants within 15-20 minutes or so - and one really excellent restaurant, the Leaky Palapa, where we ate 3 times during our stay. If you can sample their Caesar salad, wrapped in a thin but crusty cheese, and their shrimp and scallops, well. . . yum!
But, back to Sin Duda. Prior to dinner (at about 6pm or so), Dave and Leslie serve "margoritas" on the beach, named for the distaff half of the couple who previously owned Sin Duda. It's a nice time to get to know them better, as well as the other guests at the villas.

The snorkeling is superb - crystal clear water, several patches of nice coral within a few hundred feet of the beach, and lots of colorful fish, rays, and "Big Al," a moray eel, who is not hard to spot if you dive just a few feet below the surface at the nearest coral area. Sin Duda also has two kayaks for guests' use and masks, snorkels, and fins in various sizes in case you don't bring your own equipment. If you'd like to venture out on a boat, whether to fish or see other attractions (manatees, Bird Island, other snorkeling spots, even an old steam engine), trips are available nearby. We went on the Bird Island trip with our fellow guests and had a fine time.

Dave and Lesley's hospitality really makes this remote spot extra special, and we thank them for making us feel like part of their family. Thanks, too, to Sarah, a friend of D and L's, who subbed for them for several days while they were away; she was great too. We plan on going back next year for sure. Sin Duda is just perfect for us, safe, peaceful, welcoming, and a thoroughly relaxing spot.

Room Tip: Any of the rooms facing the ocean are terrific.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank martnlivy
Reviewed 13 April 2014

During my recent visit to Sin Duda Villas I had the pleasure of meeting Big Al, a large, green Morey that lives in the spot reef right in front of Sin Duda. He's not the only denizen on this reef that's just a few feet from shore. He shares the reef with a queen angel, french angel, barracuda, sargent majors, an octopus, tangs, wrasses, french grunts, etc....I just want to go back, right now. I'm having serious withdrawals living here in Northern Minnesota. I love the ocean with it's many creatures. Visiting Sin Duda Villas in Xcalak is my treat. For those rainy or windy days, Sin Duda has a huge library, board games and every visit equals new and interesting friends.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Sara E
Also consider these accommodations in or near Xcalak
Costa de Cocos
#4 of 23 in Mahahual
X'tan Ha Resort
X'tan Ha Resort
#12 of 53 in San Pedro

Been to Sin Duda Villas? Share your experiences!