“The place to be in Xcalak”
Review of Sin Duda Villas

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Xcalak
Sin Duda Villas
Ranked #1 of 4 Xcalak B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“The place to be in Xcalak”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Sin Duda was a real highlight of our Mexico trip. Set on a lovely beach, with great reefs to snorkel out to, this really felt like a place we could completely relax. Lesley and Dave were amazing hosts; the nightly margoritas a real treat! The room was well appointed and comfortable - a great balcony overlooking the sea, and the kitchen was well equipped and we ate in each night. It is a bit of a journey down to Xcalak, but roads are decent and it is well worth the trip through the jungle - come here to chill out!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank mike_b84

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Mahahual, Mexico
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Just returned home from Sin Duda Mid July 2014. Lesley and Dave are the terrific new owners of Sin Duda and have managed to keep the original vibe of the place. I cannot envision a more perfect place to vacation and I have to keep coming back to visit! I really wish I could keep the place a secret so I can enjoy it all to myself.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank BarbBaldwin
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Absolutely great place to visit. I stayed a week at Sin Duda and enjoyed every moment. Dave & Lesley were gracious and knowledgeable hosts for my entire stay. The snorkeling right off their beach was amazing and I saw lots of beautiful tropical birds and butterflies right from the patio of my suite. The rooms are super clean and my apartment had everything I wanted to feel comfortable - including home made granola and Dave & Lesley's custom roast coffee from Chetumal. I would definitely recommend Sin Duda for an excellent and unusual get away!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Lynn B
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed 31 July 2014

It was our second stay at Sin Duda Villas. This hidden gem is a dream come true.
Lesley & Dave are the best hosts you can think of. Super kind, nice and they help wherever they can. You feel immediately at home. This time we stayed in one of the apartments and we loved it. Last year we stayed at the Ocean Room and also enjoyed it. Sin Duda is a magical place. Far away from hectic, stress and all-inclusive tourism. The snorkeling in front of the Villa is beyond words. We spent every day hours in the water. My husband enjoys fly fishing and the fishing is great in Xcalak. We miss Xcalak, Sin Duda Villas, Lesley, Dave, Balto & Fiona already and thinking of returning soon.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MarionandJonathan
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 May 2014

The problem with Sin Duda is that words really fail to describe your experience there. It's a very special place, made magical by the hospitality of your amazing hosts, the sea, the bach and also the obvious fondness and love returning guests (and we are many!!) are infusing Sin Duda with.
As a place to experience a back to nature beach holiday Sin Duda brings out all the stops: beautiful beach, turquoise sea and coral reefs you can swim to. The rooms are very beautiful and comfortable, and there are "Margoritas" in the evenings which bring guests and your hosts together. There is a beautiful and well stocked kitchen for guests to prepare food, and the daily food trucks only add to the fun.
It has to be said that this is not for "everyone" - this is not the place to expect room service, restaurants and a spa. But if you are after a holiday to nurture sould and spirits go to see Dave and Lesley at Sin Duda!!!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
San Benito, Texas
Reviewed 19 May 2014

A couple of weeks back, my girlfriend and I made the trek to Xcalak and stayed at Sin Duda for 5 nights. As a whole the experience was amazing. Beginning the first inquiry of our stay fall 2013, Dave and Lesley made our vacation great. They even referred a trusted car rental agency(EasyWAY) in Cancun to which we were also very pleasantly surprised. Sin Duda is located on a very picturesque piece of beach just north of the town of Xcalak. It was exactly what we were looking for. Our ocean room had a perfect view of the ocean/beach and we were located very close to productive wadeable fishing flats. We also booked a fishing trip with Jose XCALAK through Lesley's recommendation. One of the best fishing guides I've ever been on a boat with. The hardest part of the stay was leaving the last day. We are already planning our return next year!!! I highly recommend Sin Duda for an intimate and amazing vacation. Margoritas were killer! Thanks again DAVE!!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Marcus M
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I recently took a trip to Xcalak this past April for the 3rd time in my life. I cannot elaborate enough how great of time I had. I stayed with my fishing buddy in the bailando room this time. Incredible place to stay. The hospitality of the new owners was outstanding. My friend and I caught many of fish, took some amazing photos, and really just had the trip of a lifetime. I would recommend this to any friend or family member in the fullest. I dream everyday of next year when I am going to return. This place will always hold a magical place in my heart and will probably return every year for the rest of my life. Thank you Leslie and Dave for making my experience 5 star in every aspect. I could go on and on and on but you just have to experience it for your self!!!!! Did I mention the most ridiculous snorkling of anywhere in the world is 50 ft from your room!!!! See yall sooner than later!!! -Nolan-

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Xcalak
Costa de Cocos
#6 of 54 in San Pedro
Hotel Maya Luna
Hotel Maya Luna
#3 of 23 in Mahahual

Been to Sin Duda Villas? Share your experiences!