Bit late on this one, thought I had already reviewed.
Went October 6th 2013. Nice hotel. Rooms on ground floor in the blocks are a little dark because of the jungle like effect from the vegetation. Plenty of room though with good shower and pretty good and large bed and you are only in there to relax and sleep I suppose. Different restaurants serving varied food and all good, in particular the tapas restaurant and the steak grill.
The complex is fairly small compared to what I am used to with 'all inclusive' and we soon got fed up with the entertainment which was in Italian. The team are Italian and the hotel seems like a magnet for Italian tourists.
The beach is absolutely beautiful, best I have ever been lucky enough to see.
Service, food very good. Would I go back? Riviera Maya yes, this hotel, no.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Adults only all-inclusive resort, located in Xpu-Ha, Riviera Maya, on the Caribbean coastline. It is surrounded by native jungle trees, local plants, mangroves and cenotes - water springs where a diverse variety of flora and fauna can be found in an unspoiled habitat. It is just 25km from Playa del Carmen and Tulum's archaeological site, and 85 km south of Cancun International airport, in Quintana Roo State, Mexico. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Catalonia Royal Tulum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Royal Tulum Xpuha
- Riviera Maya Copacabana
- Copacabana Riviera Maya
- Catalonia Royal Tulum Mexico/Riviera Maya - Xpu-Ha