Wow! What a gorgeous hotel and location. My husband and I celebrated our honeymoon here for an 8 day stay and absolutely loved every second. The resort is located about 1 hour and 20 min away from Cancun airport. The ride was enjoyable and went by quickly.
The lobby is large, open air and beautifully decorated. The check in staff was exceptional, they comped us a VIP room with a honeymoon package in the 6000 block which is closed to the beach just because we were celebrating our honeymoon! Everything is conveniently located on the resort and within a 5-7min walk. Rooms are large and spacey with a private bathroom area. Only issue we came across were the beds are very short and certainly not accommodating to taller folk. However, this really wasn't an issue. The rooms were beautifully decorated and very clean. We also appreciated the flat screen tv, daily stocked mini fridge and in room safe. Everything was in good working condition. Biggest bonus there is free wifi everywhere in the resort including the beach and pool areas as well as room!
The pool is stunning and large very clean with lots of chairs.
Breakfasts and lunches were mostly buffet style and satisfying. Dinners at the a la carte restaurants were exceptional! David, Julio and one other female worker who I cannot recall at the Mexican restaurant were excellent! Also Adela the lobby waitress remembered us and always had drinks ready and in front of us before we could even ask!
Finally, the beach. Speechless. Simply gorgeous. Paradise! Very clean, clear water. No rocks or seaweed. We never had issues finding good beach chairs even when we strolled down around 10am. There were lots of beach chairs available at this resort. We were extremely satisfied and are considering returning to this resort or their sister resort with family. I would highly recommend this resort for anyone looking for a romantic getaway!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Adults only all-inclusive resort, located in Xpu-Ha, Riviera Maya, on the Caribbean coastline. It is surrounded by native jungle trees, local plants, mangroves and cenotes - water springs where a diverse variety of flora and fauna can be found in an unspoiled habitat. It is just 25km from Playa del Carmen and Tulum's archaeological site, and 85 km south of Cancun International airport, in Quintana Roo State, Mexico. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays and Odigeo so you can book your Catalonia Royal Tulum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Royal Tulum Xpuha
- Riviera Maya Copacabana
- Copacabana Riviera Maya
- Catalonia Royal Tulum Mexico/Riviera Maya - Xpu-Ha