Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Riviera Maya
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Barcelo Maya Beach(Puerto Aventuras)
  • Pool
Barcelo Maya Caribe(Puerto Aventuras)
  • Beachfront
Barcelo Maya Palace(Puerto Aventuras)
  • Breakfast included
Barcelo Maya Colonial(Puerto Aventuras)
  • Breakfast included
Barcelo Maya Tropical(Puerto Aventuras)
  • Breakfast included
LM by Inmense(Puerto Aventuras)
3,176 results
All reviewslobby baranimal exhibitsthatched roofplaya del carmendouble jacuzzigolf cartbeach clubsushijungle atmospherenight lifeocean viewall inclusive packagebottom floorbeach accesspeace and quietshrimplounge chairs
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 April 2013

We found the staff very friendly and helpful and the resort itself was great as we were on our honeymoon and looking for a cozy non-commercialized resort that still had the amenities and extra that we were looking for. The resort helped to make our honeymoon extra special and gave us a lifetime of great memories to share with all our friends and relatives!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 March 2013

Recently stayed at Bel Air Collection Xpuha Rivera Maya is a resort and spa. I really enjoyed my stay here there are lots of to see and do at the hotel has its own zoo which you can wonder around and also has an animal show at 3pm daily which is round the side.also has cenotes which sink holes you can only swim/kayak or canoe in one of them which has manatees. They also have a traditional mexican tribal dance which you will see being performed around the hotel. All the staff are really nice although i would advise to learn alittle spanish before you go as some dont speak very good english. The room was really nice,clean and spacious had its own hot tub and massive balcony with a hammock which is really cool. The pool is massive and was never over crowded.the hotel had three restaurants because of the time of year two where open one italain/mexican and a really nice sushi bar over looking the beach. Not so gud if ur a veggie but they made me friend veggie sushi which was nice of them.Only one disadvantage is if your room only if you purchase anything from the restaurant it goes on a tab rather then pay as you go. The concierge was very help the young man was telling us the best places to go as we didnt go with a package holiday. If your up early enough you can a free breakfast cakes and fruit tea/coffee in the lobby bar between 6am and 8am but it does go quick there so get there early to avoid disappointment. the hotel as a timetable of activities which happen throughout the day.The hotel beach to beautiful but you cant swim in it as its protected because of the coral however there is a beach bus which goes from reception to the next beach 9.30 every hour till 11.30 and then takes you back from 1.30 every hour till 4pm. Although the hotel is rather far from playa del carmen and cancun its nice and peaceful but is set along a busy highway so u cant really go for a walk there is however a bus stop right outside the hotel which will take you to playa del carmen takes about 15mins or if you cross over it will take u to tulum (one of the ancient sites) for 30 pesos pp one way the last stop in playa is where go to get the bus back (last bus is at 10pm) isnt to far from the main centre. There is also a massive supermarket up the road before the bus goes to playa del carmen. Playa del carmen is really nice has an amazing beach,has all the main tourist shops and food places mcdonalds/subway. Went to a nice restaurant there 100% natural has a variety of traditional Mexican meals also veggie friendly and not to expensive. It comes alive has the famous clubs Senor frogs and Coco Bongo. One thing you should miss if you go is a trip to Chichen itza ruins best to go with a guide as it takes a while to get there and entrance will be more.we went with our transfer company Yellow transfer who where very good they picked us up and drop us back at out hotel. Our guide was very entertaining and knowledgeable about the history of the Mayans. Costs around 1000peso about £40 which includes transport entrance to chichen itsu, entrance in to a cenote massive underground cavern with a natural pool which you can swim in can also sample different types of tequila at the tequila factory. This also includes a buffet lunch. You get about and 1hr free time for this then you head to the amazing chichen itsa. This tour include lots of drinks on the coach. Overall really enjoyed Mexico sun sea amazing beaches food what more can you ask for!

• Stayed: March 2013
6  Thank Louise_P_87
Reviewed 21 March 2013

We went to Bel Air - Xpu-Ha the first week of March. This is our second trip! I cannot say enough good things about this place! I LOVE it!! I want to live on this resort for the rest of my life!
This resort is not a place to go if you need to be entertained and you dont like walking. But, believe me.....after stuffing yourself on the absolutely delicious food there, you will NEED to walk of the calories!
This is what you would think of if you think of a tropical paradise. It is a wonderful jungle experience with wild life galore. Oscar and Jesselin (hope I spelled that right) were so great with the animals. It is not every day you see a spotted leopard kitten walking around your resort...or get to help dry one off when it gets wet!
The staff is wonderful. They cant do enough for you. They make you feel like you are a treasured family member. I am friends with quite a few of them on Facebook now! Livia and Hector, the activities directors are just spectacular! If you are bored at this resort, it is your own fault! I felt like I was at a spa! Aqua Arobics and Aqua Stretching in the pool every morning, water volleyball, water polo (OMG! So much fun!) fun, fun, fun! The Casino night was an absolute blast (fllled with much cheating, much camaraderie and many laughs and fun had by all!).
The bartenders at the pool bar were great! They all learn your name and what you like to drink very quickly! Eloy, Manuel....I miss you all!
I can see how kids would get bored here, I am absolutely thrilled that they discourage spring breakers. Xpu-Ha is a little bit of a ride from the airport, but, so worth it for the privacy and jungle experience! Playa Del Carmen is a short 30 minute bus ride and there are many, many attractions within 30 minutes of this resort. We used public transportation (bus) and not once did I feel unsafe off the resort. (Well maybe in the Apple transportation bus from the resort to the airport.....they drive crazy in Mexico!).
I could go on and on and on about this resort! Already planning next year's vacation there!
OMG! Looking for pics to post, I realize all the things I didnt even talk about....it's just too amazing!

Room Tip: There is not a bad room on this resort. Each 'villa' has an upstairs room and a downstairs room. The shower is large and water pressure is great. There is a jacuzzi tub in the room (we used it last year, but, we have a hot tub at home, so, it wasnt much of a lure for us). The bacony is stupendous. The ground floor rooms are quieter in the morning. The upstairs rooms have thatched cathedral ceiling and the birds will land on the roof in the morning and scream up a storm (can only liken them to crows in the US)....started calling them 'the alarm clocks' when we saw them during the day....but, it's fine, who wants to sleep away their vacation in paradise! Any and all rooms there are fabulous!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sonya M
Reviewed 18 March 2013

This place has a great potential with amazing Jungle atmosphere, cozy beach couch and even free internet but this kind of hotel that you don't go there again

You have to know that the food wasn't tasty, service in the restaurants was awful
This is a spread out Hotel - don't go there if you don't like walking
No real beach
One day without hot water was a bit awkward

With new management this place could be nice escape

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Hitchhiker-Guide
Anwar S, Manager at Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Riviera Maya, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2013

Dear traveler:
Thank you so much for your review.

I´m very sorry to read your experience was not 100% what you expected.

Be sure we´ll attend the food service problem inmediately.

We sincerly hope you give us some day a second chance to show you we can be the place for you.

Best Regards

Anwar Sanchez

Reviewed 16 March 2013

My wife and I just returned from this resort. We stayed here a total of 5 days and loved every minute of it! I chose this resort for our honeymoon through Apple Vacations and I am glad we did. After having a few hectic weeks leading up to the wedding and also dealing with the stresses of the wedding weekend, this was the perfect stay for us.

When we arrived Monday morning, we were greeted with Mimosas by the Bellboy Moises who during the trip gave us numerous rides to the restaurants. Our flight arrived early so when we arrived our room was not ready. That was not a problem for us at all. Moises gave us a tour of the resort and asked us if we were hungry from traveling and took us to the restaurant. Unfortunately they were switching from breakfast to lunch. Again, that did not bother us and we went and sat on the beautiful beach. Not even 10 minutes passed and Moises returned and informed us that he believed our room was ready and he would return with our luggage. When we arrived at our room, we were surprised with the kissing swan towel art. All the rooms have spacious balcony with hammock, table and chairs. The Jacuzzi was wonderful and the shower was fantastic. Each day we had a surprise in our room. We had towel art daily and one day we had silk robes on the bed and fresh chocolate macaroons.

We ate lunch and was served by Urial. He served us numerous times with exceptional service each and every time. The food was always presented perfectly and our glasses were never empty. We ate all 3 of the restaurants and all were excellent. The sushi at the sushi bar was great and the setting is very intimate.

On Tuesday, I wanted to surprise my new wife with a romantic dinner. Umberto and Rosa made it happen. Originally the dinner was supposed to be at the Green Cenote but it rained that day. Rosa promptly contacted me Tuesday morning with another option. Though I was disappointed that we were not able to have it at the Cenote. They organized a beautiful romantic dinner on our room balcony. They had nice music playing and candles all around. Jose was our personal server that night and he help make the night special.

The resort itself is a jungle paradise with many beautiful animals. We did not feel the need to leave the resort for anything. We did go to Coba on Wednesday and spent the rest of our time at the resort.

If you are looking for a place to bring your spouse or significant other and not looking to party but relax, then this is the place for you.

They treat you like you are their #1 priority!

PLEASE VISIT THIS BEAUTIFUL RESORT!

• Stayed: March 2013