My wife and I booked this resort through a Groupon Getaway deal. We did not know exactly what to expect, but what we got far exceeded what we hoped for. Currently I would say that this is a "baby" resort. They recently purchased the property from Palace Resorts who owned it when it was destroyed by the 2006 or 2007 hurricane that devastated the area. They are slowly restoring it back to its former glory. The staff was wonderful. The pool was great, complete with Jose at the bar and Caesar providing hokey but fun entertainment. The one drawback was the beach. The best beach on the property is on the other side of the most destroyed (and therefore inaccessible) area. At this time they are providing a shuttle service to a nearby public beach where they have setup a bar and some nice thatch umbrellas. There are no solicitors on this beach, so it's a nice quiet place to relax. In addition to running a resort they also run an animal park where they care for and rehabilitate abandoned and abused wild animals that were kept as pets.
Overall the quality of the food in the main restaurant was quite good. It was a mix of Mexican and Italian fare. The breakfasts and lunches had my favorite dishes, but the dinners were pretty good too. The desserts could have been better. The sushi in the Japanese restaurant, however, left a lot to be desired.
This was the best vacation that my wife and I have ever had. The staff is super friendly and helpful, and they made this experience even better. Will we be back? You better believe it!!! We can't wait to see the improvements that they make as they continue rebuild.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bel Air Xpu-Ha is the newly open Resort of Bel Air Collection at Riviera Maya. Feel with your family the natural environment, the perfect place to rest and delight yourself. A unique place for a romance experience. Enjoy our facilities surrounded by natural beauty in an eco-paradise. A gourmet experience in each of our restaurants, from Mexican-Italian fusion cuisine to sushi & martini delightful Japanese style, all in a la carte menu selection. Premium brand drinks and appetizing snacks in our Bars at Lobby and pool area. A unique layout of a cozy and peaceful guestrooms in liberate getaway with all the luxury and comfort of a five stars resort, refurbished indoors with jacuzzi and branding amenities; a relaxed exterior and a spacious terrace with hammock. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Bel Air Collection Xpu Ha Riviera Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bel Air Collection Xpu Ha Riviera Maya Hotel Xpuha
- Xpu Ha Palace Xpuha
- Bel Air Collection Xpu Ha Riviera Maya Mexico - Xpu-Ha