The lack of people at this resort resounded in a deafening silence. When my family saw another person or more people, there was a small sense of relief as we felt we'd been bamboozled. Upon arrival, we were greeted with a cocktail. It was the only fresh mimosa we'd received the entire stay. We took the golf cart shuttle to the "main" restaurant while we waited for our room. We were the only people there. That was the case on most dining experiences. The food was extremely inconsistent in taste, temperature, and appearance. English is tolerated, however I had to rely on my limited 10th grade spanish class to get decent service. Service overall was not too bad. Everything on this resort requires transportation. Otherwise, you will walk at least 5 miles a day. Even the beach requires transportation to a corner of another beach with over priced jet skis. $60 for 30 min/$100 for an hour. Night life? What night life? There was an hour of music and movie trivia that engaged the other 8 people on the resort. Drinks were readily available but very weak even when asking for a double shot. Limited food hours further dampened the spirits of my party as the main restaurant and sushi bar closed at 10. The rooms are extremely outdated and all three rooms my family occupied had a foul smell. Killing cockroaches, ants and spiders became normal. The animals look depressed and hostile. The tiger constantly paces and bangs his head on the glass. No one enjoyed themselves and vowed to never return. The hour long ride to and from the airport didn't help.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bel Air Xpu-Ha is the newly open Resort of Bel Air Collection at Riviera Maya. Feel with your family the natural environment, the perfect place to rest and delight yourself. A unique place for a romance experience. Enjoy our facilities surrounded by natural beauty in an eco-paradise. A gourmet experience in each of our restaurants, from Mexican-Italian fusion cuisine to sushi & martini delightful Japanese style, all in a la carte menu selection. Premium brand drinks and appetizing snacks in our Bars at Lobby and pool area. A unique layout of a cozy and peaceful guestrooms in liberate getaway with all the luxury and comfort of a five stars resort, refurbished indoors with jacuzzi and branding amenities; a relaxed exterior and a spacious terrace with hammock. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, LoveHolidays, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Bel Air Collection Xpu Ha Riviera Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bel Air Collection Xpu Ha Riviera Maya Hotel Xpuha
- Xpu Ha Palace Xpuha
- Bel Air Collection Xpu Ha Riviera Maya Mexico - Xpu-Ha