30 years ago, during a trip to Playa del Carmen, we saw a cardboard sign on the highway that said XPU HA, with an arrow toward the ocean...we took it, and happened upon the most beautiful beach...we were the only people there and went daily during our stay in Mexico. It is now a resort...BEL AIRS XPU HA...and we stayed there for a week in Feb. It would be a perfect place for a family with young children, as there is small zoo on the grounds! 2 lions, 2 tigers, 2 cougars, chimps, large turtles, and an aviary where you can wander at will. Such a great learning experience for children!
A large , long pool, wandering toward the ocean, to a "beach" that is rocky, so they have transportation to the XPU HA beach thAt we found so long ago!
It seems as though a hurricane destroyed quite a bit of the resort, but what is left is lovely. "Rooms" are individual Round cabanas, one room on the ground floor, and the second floor houses another room with a veranda and a hammock,chairs, and lounge chairs....and in the room proper, is a flat screen tv with a fair number of English channels, comfortable beds, and an in room hot tub!
I never was able to access wi-fi in my room, but could in the restaurant, and lobby.
There was one restaurant, with a buffet for breakfast, lunch and dinner, with a pool snack bar for drinks and burgers and hot dogs, and a sushi and martini small restaurant.
We had rented a car, so could go to the beach at will, and didn't have to wait for a ride back to the resort.
Met some younger people who were a little disappointed at the lack of entertainment, and shows, but still had a good time.
I would go here again, but I am 64 and happy for the slow pace. As I said earlier, I think this would be a great place for a family with young children, and older folks wanting a quiet place with a lot of character...they have small 8 seat golf cart like vehicles that come frequently to transport you from place to place. The have all inclusive as well as European plans. I loved it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bel Air Xpu-Ha is the newly open Resort of Bel Air Collection at Riviera Maya. Feel with your family the natural environment, the perfect place to rest and delight yourself. A unique place for a romance experience. Enjoy our facilities surrounded by natural beauty in an eco-paradise. A gourmet experience in each of our restaurants, from Mexican-Italian fusion cuisine to sushi & martini delightful Japanese style, all in a la carte menu selection. Premium brand drinks and appetizing snacks in our Bars at Lobby and pool area. A unique layout of a cozy and peaceful guestrooms in liberate getaway with all the luxury and comfort of a five stars resort, refurbished indoors with jacuzzi and branding amenities; a relaxed exterior and a spacious terrace with hammock. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Bel Air Collection Xpu Ha Riviera Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bel Air Collection Xpu Ha Riviera Maya Hotel Xpuha
- Xpu Ha Palace Xpuha
- Bel Air Collection Xpu Ha Riviera Maya Mexico - Xpu-Ha