I'm not sure exactly if I would recommend this hotel or not. My toddler son was in heaven and loved the grounds - the animals, walking trails and kids pool. But as an adult, the food was lacking with basically only one option for meals at the buffet restaurant. No vegetarian dishes and almost no Mexican influenced foods which was a major disappointment. The food quality was ok, nothing to write home about. The facility was fine. Not 5*, but decent and clean. The biggest negative for us was that very few staff members spoke English and there was almost no information (written or verbal) given about the facilities and services available. We never knew about the bus to the beach until we were checking out and heard a guest talk about it, the information about the restaurant said breakfast was at 9, but actually started at 7:30 which meant we were starving all morning waiting for it to open and it was open! When we tried to find out about tickets to xcaret we were told (incorrectly) that we couldn't purchase tickets online if it was less than a week in advance. (Wrong and it was 50% cheaper to do online than the hotels price!). Overall it was fine for us since we stayed on miles and had our own car, but might be a bit difficult for non Spanish speakers with no vehicle and might be expensive paying on your own.
We did not have the full board option which was fine for us, but if you plan to be at the hotel for mornings and evenings you might as well get the all inclusive. The staff are so used to everyone being full board that they gave us incorrect information about the inclusion of drinks at the buffet. Hotel staff sorted this out quickly and easily at checkout, but it could have been an unhappy situation if we had had lots to drink under the assumption it was all included.
Also the hotel is in the middle of nowhere. It's convenient though if you plan to go between playa and tulum which is what we did.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bel Air Xpu-Ha is the newly open Resort of Bel Air Collection at Riviera Maya. Feel with your family the natural environment, the perfect place to rest and delight yourself. A unique place for a romance experience. Enjoy our facilities surrounded by natural beauty in an eco-paradise. A gourmet experience in each of our restaurants, from Mexican-Italian fusion cuisine to sushi & martini delightful Japanese style, all in a la carte menu selection. Premium brand drinks and appetizing snacks in our Bars at Lobby and pool area. A unique layout of a cozy and peaceful guestrooms in liberate getaway with all the luxury and comfort of a five stars resort, refurbished indoors with jacuzzi and branding amenities; a relaxed exterior and a spacious terrace with hammock. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Bel Air Collection Xpu Ha Riviera Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bel Air Collection Xpu Ha Riviera Maya Hotel Xpuha
- Xpu Ha Palace Xpuha
- Bel Air Collection Xpu Ha Riviera Maya Mexico - Xpu-Ha