Beware, you are sleeping in a zoo with disgruntled staff. It was an experience I'll never forget and never want to have again. My husband had fond memories of this hotel when it was owned by the Palace Resorts Corporation and insisted we go with extended family. We found a resort in shambles and barely hanging on by a thread, but still charging a $200+/person all inclusive cost. All of the staff seemed to want to be anywhere but work. The "all-inclusive" offerings lacked significantly and we spent most of our time eating and entertaining ourselves off the property.
We did take one trip to the beach, which was beautiful but crammed onto a small piece of a very public beach. I love public beaches in Mexico, but not when I am paying a high price for a private one. The shuttle back to the hotel came 40 minutes late. We made great memories standing in a rainstorm with small children. Great time, but not acceptable when you are paying resort prices. We searched forever, speaking Spanish with the locals, to find some hotel staff that could help us use the hobbie cats and other fun water sport equipment that came with our stay. No staff were ever located and the equipment were never used. We had to rent snorkels from a neighboring entrepreneur who made great money off of hotel guests (snorkeling great!). Also, the snack shack did not open until 11:00 am, so we spent an hour without water and drinks. Again, not a problem under a different scenario but a huge one when you are paying for an all inclusive resort.
The restaurant was always a mess. My five-month (visibly) pregnant sister placed a dinner order at 7:00 pm and did not receive her meal until after 9:00 pm. This is unacceptable. Ordering anything for breakfast was an Olympic ordeal, with orders always forgotten and all of us lucky to be served. The 20+ sushi rolls were all different variations on the same order and involved cream cheese. My chair broke (I weigh 125 pounds) while holding my two year old niece. We both crashed to the ground nearly missing hitting her head on the marble floor. It was terrifying. The Mexican meals were delicious but took hours to obtain.
The only reason I am giving it a two of five is because the rooms were clean and each of the children loved viewing the animals. We also had a lovely kayak on the lagoon. We loved the party parrot mobile and the hairless dog. Consider paying for a day pass, although we saw no zoo visitors. I wish our experience was different. I understand many people have had positive experiences under the new ownership. I'm struggling to find anything good to say. I think the resort is riding on the positive memories that former guests had under previous ownership. I hope I never go back, or experience another hotel in such bad shape. I'm sorry. I had to warn you!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bel Air Xpu-Ha is the newly open Resort of Bel Air Collection at Riviera Maya. Feel with your family the natural environment, the perfect place to rest and delight yourself. A unique place for a romance experience. Enjoy our facilities surrounded by natural beauty in an eco-paradise. A gourmet experience in each of our restaurants, from Mexican-Italian fusion cuisine to sushi & martini delightful Japanese style, all in a la carte menu selection. Premium brand drinks and appetizing snacks in our Bars at Lobby and pool area. A unique layout of a cozy and peaceful guestrooms in liberate getaway with all the luxury and comfort of a five stars resort, refurbished indoors with jacuzzi and branding amenities; a relaxed exterior and a spacious terrace with hammock. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Bel Air Collection Xpu Ha Riviera Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bel Air Collection Xpu Ha Riviera Maya Hotel Xpuha
- Xpu Ha Palace Xpuha
- Bel Air Collection Xpu Ha Riviera Maya Mexico - Xpu-Ha