“Lunch”

Price range: US$7 - US$34
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Takeout
Description: Welcome to the Original S.S. Wreck & Galley Grill in Grassy Key Florida ... A "local's favorite" --- Steve and Stephanie started The Wreck in 1999, sold it in 2005 and was turned back to them in Oct 2015. The S.S. Wreck re-opened Feb 10, 2016 with original owners, chef & some waitstaff! Bringing it back to the way it use to be. A place to have fun! Stop in and say hello!!
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Awesome Bar, however not a good restaurant. My wife and I stopped for a quick lunch, we were staying on Long Key which was very limited for places to eat (none). The Wreck was one of the first places you come to heading south on the Highway. The place has a bunch of NFL Team street signs on the wall along with other NFL related stuff. I ordered the Fish Tacos and my wife ordered the Burger and fries... The Tacos were the special. Tacos didn't come with salsa or mayo, or anything to put on them and they were DRY! Wifes burger was dry also. Bun was hard, and the fries had a wierd seasoning to them. Key Lime pie was just okay, didn't have a gram cracker crust.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Nice Restaurant with Yuengling Lager on Draft for a taste of home. We had mostly appetizers like steamers and poppers that were good.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

I had the Wreck Fish Sandwich, it was very good. The Key Lime Pie here is really good, I do not Key Lime Pie but this pie here is different.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

I was heading into work early one morning and decided to stop for breakfast. They have just started offering breakfast. Got there just after opening time and caught them a little unprepared. However, they were very accommodating and were able to provide a great breakfast to see me through a very hectic work day. I have eaten here before. I particularly like the local musician performances. It is nice to kick back and enjoy a relaxed meal with the entertainment. It is disappointing that I cannot enjoy the margueritas I love here since they only serve beer and wine. However, the portions are huge. I ordered the fish and chips and got 4 very large pieces of fish. I definitely will come back again and again.

Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

Wasn't the best, wasn't the worst. The staff was phenomenal. They we're extremely catering to us, they we're great with my children, I really was pleased. They we're timely, and our food was relatively quick for a big order. The food wasn't the best, but it was memorable. I had jerk chicken, and it was good, but nothing special. I do recommend it, though. Good place. Awesome cat that hangs out begging while you eat, we got a kick out of her.

1  Thank Kmiller93