Duck Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Mansion House(Vineyard Haven)
View Hotel
Vineyard Harbor Motel(Vineyard Haven)
Treehouse Lodge(Woods Hole)
Harbor Landing(Vineyard Haven)
Summercamp Hotel(Oak Bluffs)
View Hotel
Nashua House Hotel(Oak Bluffs)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
A TripAdvisor Member
New York, NY
Reviewed 6 October 2003

This place might be seen different through different eyes, but all I can say is that I loved it very much. I felt so away from the world, like a trip back in time. It was so relaxing and peaceful, you could hear the waves in the silence of the night, it's cosy and pleasant and relaxing. The outside is wonderful! Iloved the wilderness, and the way everything was so natural, I took a trip to the beach (through a wonderful path made up of bushes, it was like heaven to me). The beach is wonderful and you can see some cliffs, and a tranquil view. I can't describe it, it was just amazing! I'm a nature lover, so if you are the outdoors type and a nature lover I'm sure you'll fall in love with this place. The room was cosy and quiet and I enjoyed the old style, I felt soo good over there, all the stress went away for my stay there. Even if I slept outside in a tent in the backyard, I still would have enjoyed it the same much... I just love isolation and peace. The owner is very nice, you feel like in a large family over there. So if you like simplicity, that's the place for you. The Island is a little expensive, but it's worth it. The surroundings are also very nice, simple roads, peace, lots of wild bushes (which I loved to death), I saw deer...in other words it's a little place away from everything. The room was not humid at all, no weeds... just the bushes outside where lots of birds gathered in the morning....just beautiful! The only downside was that I was on the Island for just 4 days...

11  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 18 August 2003

We had booked four nights at the duck inn but only stayed one... There are weeds all over the house so bring your plastic boots. The room was very humid and the sheets were actually wet... the shower leaked and there was a frog in the stairs... well I guess you can say this is a "one of a kind" type of place. The owners are nice and the living room/kitchen/playroom is cute and charming. If you are looking for a quiet place to say, this is it... it's lost in the middle of nowhere and the view is pretty. It's also just 5 minutes from the beach. But I don't think we will go back. We spend 200 dollars and it was not clean.
(One note, the other rooms upstairs might be better than ours in the basement...). The island overall is overpriced and snob... and the food is awful!

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member