“Birthday present”

Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: The Yurt at Solitude features a unique dining experience limited to a maximum of 24 people. Available Thursday through Sunday during the winter season only.
Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

Very nice experience. Staff was personable and attentive. Food was excellent. Multi course , unrushed meal. Each course was explained. A short hike , at the 8000’ altitude can cause some huffing and puffing. A bit pricey, but worth it for a one time experience.

Reviewed 25 March 2018

We had a fabulous experience and divine meal at the Yurt while staying at the Village in Solitude. All four courses were expertly prepared and simply delicious. The hosts for the evening were entertaining and set a casual tone for the meal. There are two long tables in the Yurt and every seat will be taken. My husband and I sat across from each other and enjoyed chatting with the parties on both sides. We took our own wine which I recommend doing but they do offer a limited selection of beer and wine. I can't imagine anyone being disappointed by this meal. If you are in the area, you should definitely treat yourself to this unique experience.

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

I have yet to be disappointed with Yurt and the entire experience. I highly recommend this dinner and have enjoyed Craig’s, the chef, meals the last two years. Worth every penny.

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

Upon arrival we were told that the snow was packed enough and we didn’t need snowshoes but were welcome to try them if we wanted. We opted to try them, not difficult but a little cumbersome. Arrived at yurt and were introduced to staff. Seating is family style. I understand the menu varies. We have charcuterie tray, scallops, asparagus, steak and mousse dessert. All of the food was excellent. Staff were helpful and entertaining. I highly recommend trying out this experience. Didn’t use snowshoes on the walk back down the hill. (It’s a short walk)

Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

The food is great, the walk is fun and the communal seating allows you to meet new people! I highly recommend this experience as it was a great alternative to a regular restaurant and we used a Park City babysitting service in the night which was fun. The host was a funny guy named Chris and the chef was awesome. My only small recommendation is for a larger amount of non-alcoholic drinks be available.