“Outstanding outfitting, these guys know canoe tripping and how to make guests comfortable.”

Voyageur Wilderness Programme
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

VWP is a lot of things wrapped up in one awesome package. First, as a place to spend the night they are fantastic and cheaper than a local hotel in Atikokan. They are also pet friendly, they love dogs and are very accommodating.

Secondly, they are a complete outfitter, so If a wilderness tripper needs anything, they have your back. However, if you are completely outfitted like me, they are like a fantastic bed and breakfast ... with shuttle service if needed . They are located on Nym lake, basically in the bush, so after a short paddle or shuttle you have lodging and unbelievable food right there int he back country. After an excellent nights sleep and hearty breakfast, it is an easy paddle to the Quetico and you trip has begun, as easy as that. When you return from your trip, again, you are greeted to excellent food, comfortable private lodging, a hot shower and if needed a shuttle to your vehicle.

This is all at a very attractive price, you will be treated like family and as mentioned before, they are extremely dog friendly.

All reviews
"canoe trip"
"provincial park"
"wilderness"
"gear"
"outfitters"

Reviewed 6 September 2017

I really can't say enough about the experience that VWP provided as outfitters for our 7-day canoe trip in Quetico Provincial Park. From the start, they accommodated their schedule to ours as we arrived late and had to leave in the early morning on the backend. Dale and Michelle made us feel like family, and by the end of our trip, we were sad to say goodbye. This canoe trip is not for the faint of heart--and the joy that comes from being that deep in the wild can be equally matched by the jarring lifestyle shift that comes with it. They did an amazing job making us feel comfortable and prepped, emotionally and with our gear. It was a wonder to hear about the rich history of the park and the Voyageur culture that's rooted in it. My three friends and I came back different, and better men, then we left. I'm certain of that--and we could not have done it without VWP.

Reviewed 30 November 2016

I went on a week-long trip into Quetico for the last two years with the help of VWP, and I hope to come back for many years to come. They ensure that you have a profound experience and appreciation of the park and the challenges you will face, as well as the beauty you will enjoy. I cannot say enough good things about VWP.

Reviewed 30 July 2016

The VWP hosted our group on the first and last nights of our canoe trip into Quetico Provincial Park. We stayed in the Adirondack which is a large, open cabin that we used to organize our gear and pack. The staff members were warm, welcoming, and got to know everyone by name. They did a great job introducing us to the park rules and telling us about the history of the park, the voyageurs, and the first nations that are connected to the land. For me, the Voyageur Wilderness Programme made the difference between a trip and an experience. I highly recommend it!