“If you dont mind the wait....”
Review of The Spice Lounge

The Spice Lounge
Ranked #12 of 102 Restaurants in Dunstable
Cuisines: Bangladeshi
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: tel: 01582 663032
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Table booked for 9pm, didnt get to sit down till 9.50pm, got starters at 10.40pm. Wasnt impressed at first but once the food arrived my opinion started to change. My starter of Chicken Paneer Tikka was to die for and cooked to perfection, only complaint is there was so much of it. For my main I had Lamb Shank and Special Fried Rice, wow this was delightful, again so much of it. In the end I brought a doggy bag home. The waiters are friendly and really try their best in which was an overbooked crowded restaurant, I applaud them.
I recommend this restaurant but just dont expect fast service on a friday or saturday.

Reviewed 7 January 2014 via mobile

A friendly well designed restaurant the food was delicious but do not think it was outstanding it was very good and is definitely worth a visit . The food is reasonably priced and staff go above and beyond the call of duty

Reviewed 30 December 2013

beautiful restaurant . busy restaurant owner very happy but I am sorry tonight food are very oily cold

1  Thank Jessica W
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Ordered a takeaway for 4 online on Saturday the 12th of Oct 2013. It arrived an hour after it's predicted time. When we phoned as to where it was, told it was a busy night. Aren't Saturdays
usually busy? The delivery guy said he'd broken the speed limit to get to us. Yeah Right.
The meal itself? A total washout, the main dishes had been watered down so much (to make them go further no doubt) All the dishes were terrible apart from the rice. In the restaurant you'd send it back. But with a takeaway the logistics of complaining, having it taken back re-ordering time etc speaks for itself. We returned to our hometown of Nottingham the next day and feeling cheated out of an Indian,ordered the same meal from our local Indian (The Taste of India) A superb meal as it should have been in Dunstable. It may have good meals in the restaurant, but order a takeaway at your peril. You have been warned.

2  Thank HelenTony12
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Visited Spice Lounge for the first time this weekend. was heading to another restaurant but the taxi driver recommended Spice Lounge so we thought we would give it a try; we were so glad we did!

The restaurant is modern and nicely appointed and all the staff were friendly and attentive.

The food was absolutely gorgeous, from the popadoms and selection of accompaniments to our mains which contained large chunks of chicken, perfectly cooked. I can honestly say this was one of the best, if not THE best chicken curry that I have eaten (Chicken Palak). The pilau rice was well flavoured and the garlic naan light and tasty.

Wine choice also very good.

I would not hesitate to recommend Spice Lounge, both of us were very happy with everything.