“Good night out”

Tong Sam Oriental Cuisine
Ranked #42 of 94 Restaurants in Dunstable
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A stalwart of the Dunstable dining scene, Tong Sam is a popular neighbourhood restaurant loved for its quick, inexpensive and delicious Asian food. The menu includes dishes from China, Thailand, Singapore and Malaysia, and the huge servings here make Tong
Luton, United Kingdom
“Good night out”
Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

Food was hot cooked very nice good service the price was nice because we had a voucher for my wife birthday I went down well

Visited April 2014

Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
“Great experience”
Reviewed 1 April 2014

We went to Tong Sam for Mother's Day and it was packed. There were 7 of us and we were made to feel really welcome as soon as we arrived. The food and service were spot on, and it worked out to be about 25 pounds a head including drinks which we thought was really good value, as we had the all you can eat 3 course meal. We will definitely come back

Dunstable, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“One of the worst meals I have ever had!”
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I don't understand why people would leave positive comments about this restaurant. The chicken........well definitely not chicken, it has the texture of rubber. I tried a bit and regretted it. The beef was full of gristle....disgusting. I couldn't eat any of the meal apart from the rice and noodles. Everything was deep fried and dripping with fat. The meal came to £50 for 2 of us including a glass of wine each (very poor quality). I walked out feeling completely ripped off. Do not waste your money at this restaurant.

1 Thank jack614
Dunstable, United Kingdom
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 10 March 2014

I have eaten in Tong Sam many times! Generally I have been happy with the food and the service. However, this was not the case with my latest visit. I witnessed several things which I was more than unhappy with.
Firstly, we ordered a bottle of sparkling 'mineral' water. This was in fact a bottle of cheap Morrison's fizzy TABLE water (not mineral water) which had been poured into a Highland Spring bottle. I know this because not only did the water walk past our table with the said Morrison's bottle shortly before our bottle arrived, but because the waiter made a show of opening the bottle at the table even though the seal was already broken. I don't like being lied to, or ripped off.
Secondly, when the prawn crackers were taken from our table as our starters arrived, I saw them being tipped back into the box, ready to be given to somebody else. Extremely unhygienic!! and also very cheap...they are after all, only prawn crackers.
Thirdly, I saw a waitress take the lid off one pancake pot as it was being returned to the kitchen and put it on to another pot as it was being taken out to another table. I'm sure plates, bowels, pots and trays etc should be washed between customers? I would have thought this was quite basic?

Needless to say this was pretty off-putting and we didn't stay to finish our meal.

Very disappointing. We won't be going back.

Visited March 2014
Luton, United Kingdom
“DO NOT USE awful service”
Reviewed 3 March 2014

ordered a chineese at 7.45pm on a sunday eve, chased it an hour later (as were told 45 mins) and were told it had left and would be with us in a minute, then called again a further 40 mins later at 9.20pm to cancel and get a refund, which they didnt even seem bothered about or apologise, outrageous