Sadly disappointing stay. On arrival at about 4pm we waited several minutes in an empty reception. After enquiring at the bar where staff were we were finally checked in. Sleeping on the first night was impossible with loud music playing until after 1pm and ongoing noise until 2am. Breakfast the next morning was in a small room which was full at 9am. For continental breakfast there was some meats and cheese but only 1 tiny loaf and 2 pastries, no rolls or croissants etc. A pot of tea given to us was cold. There was only 1 member of staff trying to serve too many guests. Other guests were queuing outside the room with at least 15 minutes wait to get a table. £11.50 for a bowl of cornflakes and cold tea was excessive. We did not attempt breakfast on the 2nd morning of our stay.
On three occasions we had fresh coffee from bar. It was poured out and then each time we waited a several minutes while milk was collected from the kitchen as the coffee got cold.
Our bedroom was adequate and we had a spacious bathroom and plenty of hot water.
It was a happy family occasion marred by poor hotel service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Old Palace Lodge Hotel is a newly awarded 4 star hotel located in the historic Market Town of Dunstable.With 68 en-suite spacious bedrooms, designed to a standard or executive level, and three meeting and events suites, offering the perfect for business seminars and private functions, the hotel has been described as a jewel in Dunstable and it really is....The popular Henry Restaurant has welcomed Andrew Hill as the new Executive Head Chef. Andrew and his brigade have comprised a set of exciting brand new menus, from the A La Carte, Wedding, Banqueting to the room and lounge. Children and non residents are welcome.The Old Palace Lodge offers complimentary on-site car parking, Fully equipped on-site gym and complimentary WI-FI internet access. Ideally located, The Old Palace Lodge is in walking distance to Dunstable Town and situated only 10 minutes drive from the hustle and bustle of the nearby Town of Luton and Luton Airport. The M1 junction 11 is located 5 minutes away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your The Old Palace Lodge Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Old Palace Hotel Dunstable
- Old Palace Hotel
- The Old Palace Lodge Hotel Dunstable, Bedfordshire