My partner and I stayed here for a couple of nights in June as it was handy for Luton and a short drive or train ride from central London. This Ivy-clad historic Lodge is an absolute gem with luxurious facilities, great dining and exceptionally warm and friendly staff, which made our stay a most enjoyable experience. The building itself is a converted farmhouse on a historic royal site and retains the feel of a medieval lodge featuring superb wood panelling throughout. We stayed in the Anne of Cleaves suite which featured a beautiful 4 poster bed, beautiful drapes, period-like furnishing, a period bath-tub at the foot of the bed as well as the modern touches such as a large, modern walk-in bathroom and shower, LED television, Wii Fi and all of the other extras that you would would not look out of place in a first class hotel. The breakfast and evening meals were of a high standard and the staff were exceptionally warm and friendly making our stay really enjoyable and memorable. The owner, Victoria, was extremely warm and welcoming and made us feel very special. Other staff also deserve a mention including Richard, a barman with a great sense of humour who provided an excellent service, James who made the check in welcoming and so simple, and not forgetting Ali and Perlita who were so friendly and helpful and who made our dining experience an absolute pleasure. It is so reassuring in this world of corporate chains of plastic hotels with plastic people to find this real gem of a hotel with genuinely warm and friendly staff.We will definitely be returning here in the near future and cannot recommend it highly enough.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Old Palace Lodge Hotel is a newly awarded 4 star hotel located in the historic Market Town of Dunstable.With 68 en-suite spacious bedrooms, designed to a standard or executive level, and three meeting and events suites, offering the perfect for business seminars and private functions, the hotel has been described as a jewel in Dunstable and it really is....The popular Henry Restaurant has welcomed Andrew Hill as the new Executive Head Chef. Andrew and his brigade have comprised a set of exciting brand new menus, from the A La Carte, Wedding, Banqueting to the room and lounge. Children and non residents are welcome.The Old Palace Lodge offers complimentary on-site car parking, Fully equipped on-site gym and complimentary WI-FI internet access. Ideally located, The Old Palace Lodge is in walking distance to Dunstable Town and situated only 10 minutes drive from the hustle and bustle of the nearby Town of Luton and Luton Airport. The M1 junction 11 is located 5 minutes away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Expedia, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers, LateRooms and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Old Palace Lodge Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Old Palace Hotel Dunstable
- Old Palace Hotel
- The Old Palace Lodge Hotel Dunstable, Bedfordshire