“Cold”

The Old Palace Lodge Hotel
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Dunstable
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Overall the hotel is of a good standard but failed on a few things.
The cleaning could have been more thorough as there were stains on the bathroom panel, above the radiator and dust on headboard and bedside table, there was also a big hole on the throw for the bed.
We had a lot of trouble heating the room, we tried for some time to put the radiator on but failed so rang reception where he put it on remotely for us but it was only on for about 30 minutes so we spoke to reception again where he gave us a portable heater, but this did little so we spent our one night very cold!
Also when we checked out the man tried to charge us twice for our hotel room.
When we stayed there was a wedding party present which were very noisy throughout the night with arguing and slamming of doors.
However the bar staff and food was very good and the building itself was very comfortable and appealing and parking was on site.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 12 February 2014

Stayed for valentines and stumbled upon their special 3 course event in their restaurant. The food was a little pricier than we'd usually pay but definitely worth it. One of the best meals I've ever had. Looked out of this world and tasted even better! The staff were absolutely lovely, the place looked amazing and the rooms were extremely comfortable. The only downside, I'd say was the location (sorry Dunstable) but if we were ever going to go to Dunstable again, it'd definitely be to stay at the Old Palace Lodge.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Anon_Opinion
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Stayed here for just 1 night and I really wish it was longer, when we arrived check in was quick and informative, the room was so nice I was so surprised how beautifully decorated it was. I didnt eat here so can not comment on that, I can't wait to return and spend more time in the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sambam24
Reviewed 22 January 2014

I stayed here for three nights on business in January 2014 and everything about it was first class. The rooms were immaculately clean and very large with the only downside being the 1980's style shower. Maid service was excellent. The restaurant food was a little posh for me but that was fine as I was able to order from the bar menu whilst sitting in the restaurant with the rest of my group and the food was top notch and the service amongst the best I have ever received

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 January 2014

I held a wake at the Old Palace Lodge on Friday 17th January 2014 for my son who tragically passed away. Unbeknown to the staff or management I have worked in the catering industry for 13 years so inevitably a lot of my guests were restaurateurs and hoteliers from across the country.
Never before have I experienced such a perfect balance between personal and professional service. The venue is deceptively large but manages to remain warm and homely despite oozing a contemporary class. Kylie, the Operations Manager and her staff pulled out all of the stops and surpassed my expectations by providing such a seamless experience. We had a buffet for our guests which was elegantly laid out in a separate room, all of the food was great, all home made by whom are obviously true professionals.
I cannot fault the Old Palace Lodge in any way, you have made my final tribute to my son a very special occasion and I will never forget what you have done for my family and I.

I would like to wish your venue and staff the success that it and they deserve.

Best wishes,

Nic

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 January 2014 via mobile

There is not a huge choice of hotels in Dunstable however this is a gem the rooms are spacious and clean . The staff are very attentive and there are great amenities available in the hotel . Free faced wifi was great and the room price was reasonable definitely stay here again

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 December 2013

Really enjoyed our overnight stay. The room was lovely - smart, fresh decoration, and spacious. Nice bathroom products. The modern room fits into the historic old hotel very well. Overall an excellent experience.

Stayed: December 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dunstable
Holiday Inn Express Dunstable
#1 of 1 in Leighton Buzzard
Pines Hotel
Pines Hotel
#15 of 27 in Luton

Been to The Old Palace Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!