A lovely hotel that should really be best placed in a more rural setting but that's not possible but as soon as you arrive at the Hotel you feel the lovely cosy atmosphere of an old country Hotel. A superb car park at no extra cost at the Hotel is a bonus. The check in was very smooth and the reception staff are lovely and very helpful. The rooms are very nice very clean and a bonus is great lighting to allow a lady to apply make up etc something that most Hotels forget about. Plenty of electric sockets another bonus. We only stayed one night but would have been very happy to stay for a weekend if we had the time. If I was being picky then I would say that the bed mattress was a little thin although we had a great nights sleep so it was more than adequate. The breakfast was by far the best breakfast we have ever had at a four star Hotel and actually much better than most 5 stars that we have stayed at. The breakfast was hearty and all local produce, it's hearty and plentiful, and a great choice of options, even the orange juice was fresh...the breakfast service was wonderful and could not fault a single thing about it. If you are on the area then this Hotel is the best choice you could make....hope to visit again very soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Old Palace Lodge Hotel is a newly awarded 4 star hotel located in the historic Market Town of Dunstable.With 68 en-suite spacious bedrooms, designed to a standard or executive level, and three meeting and events suites, offering the perfect for business seminars and private functions, the hotel has been described as a jewel in Dunstable and it really is....The popular Henry Restaurant has welcomed Andrew Hill as the new Executive Head Chef. Andrew and his brigade have comprised a set of exciting brand new menus, from the A La Carte, Wedding, Banqueting to the room and lounge. Children and non residents are welcome.The Old Palace Lodge offers complimentary on-site car parking, Fully equipped on-site gym and complimentary WI-FI internet access. Ideally located, The Old Palace Lodge is in walking distance to Dunstable Town and situated only 10 minutes drive from the hustle and bustle of the nearby Town of Luton and Luton Airport. The M1 junction 11 is located 5 minutes away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Stayforlong S.L., Expedia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Old Palace Lodge Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Old Palace Hotel Dunstable
- Old Palace Hotel
- The Old Palace Lodge Hotel Dunstable, Bedfordshire