“Friendly staff & clean business hotel”

Holiday Inn Express Dunstable
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Dunstable
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Holiday Inn Express Dunstable, we stayed in the hotel whilst on business in the area with a view to returning over the next couple of months. Good location to the project facility & value for money. We where both greeted by really friendly staff, a big hearty thank you xx to both Emma & Jade for advise & guildance provided during the stay in Dunstable. The bar in the hotel is limited which is expected from a express hotel. The bed was rare firm is the only complaint. Breakfast was adequate, not being a full english person it's easy to please a tea & toast executive.
Thank you! Recommended
GCD "Project Director Abbey Group"

Room Tip: Standard rooms, no issues apart from the bed!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Louise T, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dunstable, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Dear Gordon C D

Thank you taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Your comfort is our priority so we will definitely pass on your comments regarding the bed in your room.

Many thanks for your kind words regarding the staff you had the opportunity to meet – Emma and Jade are delighted to hear your praise and I am extremely proud of the service our team delivers.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel very soon.

Regards

Reviewed 23 February 2014

I know this is a HI Express and they bill breakfast as free but ore of an effort could be made. The hot options are baked beans, poor quality sausages and what can only be described as powdered scrambled eggs. There are limited cold options, bread, tinned fruit, pastries and yoghurts.
I didn't eat in the hotel, looked at the menu and found it to be pricey, nearly £15 for a microwaved curry when you can go for an authentic one in town and get much more for the same money.
The bedrooms are perfect for what you need for a short stay, there isn't an iron / ironing board in the rooms, you have to request one and then collect it from reception. One negative, the duvets are small and thin, they just cover the bed.
All the staff I interacted with we're professional and smart looking.
I'm booked to return to this hotel in April.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Russeboy
Louise T, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dunstable, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Dear Russeboy,

I really appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with us after you recent stay. I am really sorry to hear that our breakfast offering did not meet your expectations. Our guest feedback on breakfast and food offering is invaluable in ensuring that we constantly improve. I hope that you notice a difference when staying with us in April. Thank you for your kind words regarding the team – we pride ourselves on delivering a professional and welcoming service to all and I have passed on your comments.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the very near future.

Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on a Friday night, booked our room about a month prior and paid a very good price. Free parking, wifi and breakfast was a plus. It was in a great location for our purpose, could not fault this hotel. Our standard double room was massive, very clean and modern and the same goes for the bathroom! The bed was comfy with the option of firm/ soft pillows. Plenty of plug sockets and a full length mirror which is great when getting ready for a night out/ party! There was an in-room heating/ air conditioning system which you can set to your own preference. Pleasant view of fields out the window. Staff friendly and helpful, booked us a cab and called taxi firm again when we were waiting in reception to chase without us asking. Breakfast was pretty standard but did the job and bearing in mind it was included in the price! 24hr reception and bar. Overall great stay.

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 10 February 2014

You'd pretty much bank on Holiday Inn Express offering a standard product with standard service, in serviceable, inoffensive rooms, with comfy beds and pleasant staff. This particular hotel meets a number of those expectations, but having stayed on a number of occasions it must be said that it is terribly undermined by what appears to be understaffing. Those that are there try their best and smile whilst they're doing it, but it's an issue that needs resolving.

Room Tip: Get down early if you want any kind of breakfast and be prepared to like sausages as there is not a...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear Rus F,

I really appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with us after you recent stay. Our guest feedback is invaluable in ensuring that we constantly improve. We have taken on board your comments regarding staff and with a full team we will work hard to ensure the right people are in the right place to deliver excellent service. We are disappointed to hear that our delicious breakfast selection did not meet your expectations and as a brand we offer our continental selection with hot items including sausage, beans and scrambled egg. Kindly be assured that I will feed back your comments to my team regarding service and breakfast.

I do hope we have the chance to welcome you back to the hotel in the very near future.

Reviewed 9 February 2014

I came here for 2 nights recently, with my husband and two children. We arrived at about 10pm to find the sofa bed already made up for our sleepy children. The room was spotless, the bathroom was spotless and very up to date. The following morning we had breakfast and left very full. There was a full buffet with cooked breakfast, as well as croissants, muffins, toast, full range of cereals, fresh fruit, cheese, yogurts, juices etc. We paid £83 for two nights including breakfast, which was exceptional value for the 4 of us. We came here because it was equidistant between Woburn Safari Park and the Harry Potter tour in Watford. There's also Whipsnade Zoo in Dunstable, although we didn't go there. All in all, we were really impressed!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 January 2014

A good welcome by friendly staff. Our rooms were on the second floor. The whole hotel was clean and the rooms were very good.
If your hungry there is the Hungry Horse pub a two minute walk away and the food there is good. The hotel bar was good for a drink to unwind after the journey there.
The breakfast was satisfactory, the croissants weren't the best though!
The free wifi is a good idea that all hotels should be providing by now as it is such a low cost thing to provide.

I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank L R
Reviewed 24 January 2014

Spent the weekend on a hobby conference at this new Holiday Inn and was well impressed. Everything is spick and span. Someone has (at last) twigged that WiFi is expected as a basic facility these days; guests do not want obstacles like membership logins and supplementary charges. Here there are no barriers at all! Just fire up the laptop, connect and you're away at a respectable 6Mb/s (nurdishly I measured it).

My room was clean, comfortable and spacious. Only complaint was a rather noisy aircon/heating unit in the ceiling, but aren't they all? The controls were unusually clear and responsive.

Couple in the next room had a blazing row that went on for hours, yelling, banging and screeching. I put Reception to the test by mentioning it to the two young ladies on the front desk. Straight away they asked if I would like to change rooms. Well done them. I said no, don't worry (I'd already unpacked) but would they please ask the couple to shout a bit louder so I could at least hear what they were arguing about :-).

Conference facilities were adequate and the coffee machines served a decent brew in china mugs. Why do other places find this so difficult? Main disappointment was exactly the same buffet lunch on Saturday and Sunday - the dreaded breaded chicken finger/nuggets and chips. That said, the sandwiches they also put out were excellent. I gather we were paying a highly competitive rate for the catering so can't grumble.

Breakfast was HI's standard offering, a decent continental fare alongside a token attempt at cooked English in the shape of sausage, scrambled egg (almost certainly egg powder) and baked beans. Better than nothing...

The reception, bar and eating areas are pretty soul-less but, all in all, this is a good example of a modern, convenient, budget-priced business hotel. Only those nuggets keep the 5th star away.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear PaulHowardChambs,

I really appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with us after you recent stay. Our guest feedback on breakfast and food offering is invaluable in ensuring that we constantly improve.

I am really sorry to hear that your stay was disturbed by the guests in the next room and have passed your praise for handling of the situation on to my team.I too have to confess to using a savvy app to check the Wi-Fi speeds and I am glad you were able to avail of our Free Wi-Fi service.

We hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the very near future.

Deputy Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dunstable
The Old Palace Lodge Hotel
#10 of 26 in Luton
Chiltern Hotel
Chiltern Hotel
#20 of 26 in Luton

Been to Holiday Inn Express Dunstable? Share your experiences!