“Excellent place to stay 10/10” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Dunstable

Holiday Inn Express Dunstable
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Dunstable
Radlett, United Kingdom
“Excellent place to stay 10/10”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

We stayed here last night 26/4/14 as we were meeting up with friends locally for a night out. We had never stayed at a Holiday Inn before so was not sure what to expect. From the moment we walked through the front of the hotel we were very impressed, tasteful interior design, light and spacious but had everything you would need. Reception staff very pleasant and helpful, easy check inn process.
We were on the 1st floor room 136 and it was amazing, this has to be one of the best rooms we have ever stayed in at a hotel. You would think it was a very expensive room but in fact our room rate for the night was £55, just shows what can be done when a company has designers who are customer focused, very impressed.

It shows how impressed we were as normally we stay at a Travelodge or premier Inn but from now on we will be searching for Holiday Inn hotels near to where we want to be. Why settle for second best when you can have quality like this.

Room Tip: 1st floor room 136 even though we were road side you could not hear any traffic at all.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Robert P, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dunstable, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear Joanna44140,

Thank you so much for your amazing review of our hotel.

The team and myself are thrilled with the comments you have left for us. I will be feeding these back to the management team.

I am so glad you found us to be modern and great value for money!

When your next in the area, call the hotel directly to guarantee the best rates and we hope to welcome you back very soon.

Guest Services Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express at Dunstable over the Easter weekend as we wanted to visit Whipsnade Zoo and Woburn Safari Park. The hotel was conveniently based and easy to find. It appears to be relatively new - or has been kept in new condition - and we were impressed as soon as we arrived. It is modern and clean, and our room was spacious and comfy. The bathroom was very nice with a large shower. The staff were very helpful and pleasant. Breakfast was excellent value and set us up for the day. We ate out both evenings we were there so I can't comment on what the evening food was like. We would definitely recommend using this hotel if you are looking for somewhere to stay in the area.

Dear Fiona_111HW,

Thank you for writing us a lovely review. It's so nice to hear we have exceeded your expectations.

The hotel Is coming up for two years old now, and it was lovely to hear that you thought of it as new. The team are very proud of the hotel and we have very high standards when it comes to maintaining the property.

Thank you again for reviewing us. The team and I thank you again for choosing us, and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

New Forest National Park, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

Excellent service at Reception, good clean room ,clean bathroom good amenities ......excellent bed . Breakfast service was fast and efficient which allowed me to get away on time for my journey south . Overall pleased with stay and would recommend .

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dear Upalia,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

I'm thrilled that you received excellent service from the team at reception. I will be looking into our logs to see who you came across and will personally thank them on your behalf. We are committed to high levels of service for all our guests.

I am so happy you find us to be conveniently located and we look forward to your next visit.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

Clean room, quiet hotel, comfy bed, nice breakfast, pleasant staff. Got a very cheap deal as all because we booked in advance! We chose this as my parents live half a mile down the road, those wanting to get to Luton Airport should bear in mind that it is a 20 minute drive to Luton Airport and another hour's drive into central London from here.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Robert P, Guest Services Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dunstable, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear SJBelle,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of our property.

I am so glad that we met your expectations on your visit. We are very proud of our hotel and the service we provide to all our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

On hearing I was to stay at a holiday inn express I was convinced it would be grubby and shabby (yes, I am being snobby!).
I was shocked at how absolutely amazing it was. The rooms are beautiful and soooooooooo clean.
I have stayed at some 4/5 star hotels and this is up there with cleanliness and comfort.
The staff are some of the best I have ever come across, they are very friendly and nothing is too much trouble.
I had planned to stay 3 nights but have ends up staying 8, it is like home from home.

I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel and take my hat off to management for running such a great hotel.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Louise T, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dunstable, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Dear Sabahlondon,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience after your recent stay with us. I am pleased to hear we exceeded your expectations in cleanliness and comfort of your room. Our team is very passionate about customer service and customers are our priority. I am happy you have decided to extend your stay based on the experience you had.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel very soon.

Regards,

Lenka Svaskova
Guest Service Manager
Dunstable, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

Thanks to Gosia and Robert in reception for being so helpful and accommodating. Willing to help and nice people to talk to. Lovely rooms very clean and comfortable. Breakfast was delicious and staff at the restaurant buffet were very helpful. Fantastic hotel Thanks

• Stayed April 2014
Dear Rhakira,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our hotel. I am delighted with your comments and I will pass these on to Gosia and Robert. I am happy to hear you have also enjoyed your breakfast. We are very proud of our service standards.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel very soon.

Regards,

Lenka Svaskova
Guest Service Manager
Kent
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

We were only here for one night having stopped off en route from Gatwick to Derby. The building is very pleasant with a spacious car park. The reception staff were brilliant - very friendly and efficient. Our room was superb with a spacious,clean bathroom with a fabulous shower. What let the place down was the food - or lack of it as at least half of the items on the dinner menu were unavailable so I had two starters which worked quite well. However breakfast was even worse as it seemed there was always something unavailable out of scrambled egg, sausages or beans. Once you managed to achieved a 'full house' one had to contend with frozen butter that was impossible to spread on the toast - it took me back to basic training where pats of 'butter' would be floating in cold water!. A good stay but unfortunately the meals let the place down.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Louise T, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dunstable, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Dear waldodw

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience after your recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear that our food offering did not meet your expectations and I would like to assure you that this is not the normal standard which we pride ourselves on.

I have shared your comments with my team and we are working hard to ensure that these areas are constantly improved. Thank you for your kind words about the team, I have shared these in today's meeting and they were delighted.

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the very near future.

Regards

Will Glenn
Deputy Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dunstable
The Old Palace Lodge Hotel
Premier Inn Dunstable South A5 Hotel
Premier Inn Dunstable / Luton Hotel
Holiday Inn Luton-South
Hilton Garden Inn Luton North
Ibis London Luton Airport

Been to Holiday Inn Express Dunstable? Share your experiences!