Holiday Inn Express Dunstable
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
US$67
All reviewssausagelarge showerbeanshot foodbreakfast was includedgood sizefree wifigreat showershower roommodern hotelself serviceyogurtluton airportbudget hotelthe breakfast areawhipsnade zoobuffet style
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Room ok. Typical Holiday Inn. Didn't have dinner on advise of previous reviewer. Didn't really eat breakfast either. What can I say? Maybe eegh yuck describes it best. First off trays were soaking wet and some of the cutlery still had someone else's food on it. Overcooked sausage and scrambled egg. 1st cup I picked up still had ring of hot chocolate round the top. Fruit was good. Seems that there is an issue with dish washing but if you fancy a dose of salmonella by all means ignore this review..

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Robert P, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dunstable, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Dear Moira C,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to leave a review.

We strive to provide the best possible service and experience and it is always great to hear from our guests on how we are doing. We are very sorry to read that you experienced inconvenience because we did not meet your expectations. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

The team and I really would really appreciate it if you could forward on your reservation details so we could investigate your feedback further. Please email gsm.dunstable@holidayinnexpress.org.uk.

At IHG we pride ourselves on a High level of customer service and quality products. Although on this occasion we did not meet your expectations as a hotel I do hope you will continue stay with IHG and give Holiday Inn Express another opportunity as the experiences explained do not represent the great service we provide here at the Holiday Inn Express Dunstable.

Thanks again for your valued feedback.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

My wife & I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express for two nights last weekend and was pleasantly surprised with the welcome and the high standard of the staff on duty. The room was clean & tidy and well stocked with tea making facilities. We had a problem with the TV but that was soon sorted. The hotel was only recently opened and the facilities were pristine. The buffet breakfast on both mornings was well laid out and was of good quality. Parking was free and plentiful. The hotel was quiet despite being next to the busy A5 road. slightly more expensive than a nearby premier inn but as breakfast was included on both days we thought it was good value. We will stop there again in the future.

Room Tip: A room just above reception is best if you need a good Wi-Fi signal.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Trevor G,

Well what a lovely review! Thank you so much for taking the time to write this.

I am so pleased that we have surprised and surpassed your expectations of Holiday Inn Express as a brand. We are very proud of everything we offer here at the hotel.

It is so nice to hear that we are still seen as a brand new hotel 2 years after opening. We really hope that you will stay with us next time you are in the area.

Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

We stopped over at the Dunstable Holiday Inn Express whilst competing in a bike race nearby, we were really impressed.
The hotel was clean, new & well furnished, breakfast was really good too.
The staff were fantastic; they were really friendly & made you feel very welcome, nothing was too much trouble & they made the stay at the hotel really enjoyable.
Unlike some hotels where you feel like an inconvenience to staff, here they get the fact that they are there to help you. Will certainly visit again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Richard M,

Thank you very much for posting a review regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express Dunstable Hotel. All feedback received is used constructively to help us continually improve our hotel services and guest experience.

I am really delighted your stay was a positive one and that we met your expectations. I can assure you that our team really appreciate the recognition that you have provided.

Thank you for your kind comments and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

I booked this hotel for a two night stay on a business visit to Luton. The location was perfect and when I arrived the hotel reception staff were extremely pleasant, polite and accommodating. However, if you stay in this hotel I wouldn't recommend staying in for dinner the food was extremely overpriced and of very poor quality which is a great shame otherwise I would have given this hotel a 5 star rating.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear David F,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Holiday Inn Express Dunstable Hotel. All guest feedback is used constructively to continually improve our hotel services and ultimately guest satisfaction.

Thank you for your positive comments relating to the team and the hotel location. All our team work incredibly hard each day to try and deliver a high level of service. Your kind comments are appreciated on all levels and will be passed onto the team.

I apologise for the issues you encountered during your stay and sorry that we did not meet your expectations in all areas. I must point out that if guests are having any problems/queries then they are able to contact our friendly reception team 24 hours a day. We endeavour to resolve all guests queries quickly and efficiently.

Again, thank you for your kind comments relating to the team and thank you for rating us so highly even though you encountered some issues. We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 27 June 2014

A very good budget hotel a few hiccups throughout our stay !! originally booked via a super-break ticket and hotel package !! ( also worth a look ) I decided to extend by one night arriving earlier booked direct to hotel Stuart taking my booking only a few days before !! Arriving at hotel where the parking was free with large car park!! the Check in service was very efficient asked to sign a form I noticed it was only for one person !! Dealt with speedily and wonderfully by Stuart who has taken booking and pleasantly surprised at the room !! Nicely decorated ! Two large single beds awaited in a very airy room with air con Television was free view ! And free wi-fi was welcome the shower was huge and bathroom clean We went out on first night and called in the hungry horse restaurant - the highway man for a reasonable and delicious supper ! Fancying an afternoon snack on Thursday not ready for supper yet we decided to indulge in a coke and crisps ! It was almost the same price as our supper the evening before! But then my young friend noticed after eating the crisps they were a month out of date I returned them to the desk to be meet with strange looks and eventually it was noticed by them not the reaction you would expect ! But on going to the room the key card wouldn't work ! Back to desk to be told it was a different booking !! Hence the disgruntled to of us made our way back to the highway man !! However the overall experience was marvellous with my purchase price of the crisps being refunded the following day at checkout by the ever pleasant courteous Stuart who asked if we had eaten in hotel on Thursday evening and had enjoyed !! And was told why we didn't eat in ! The self service breakfast was very unusually presented but not unpleasantly but my friend was disappointed with no bacon !!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Pammy K,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Holiday Inn Express York Hotel. All guest feedback is used constructively to continually improve our hotel services and ultimately guest satisfaction.

I was really pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. I take on board your comments relating to Stuart and I will make sure he recieves the recognition he deserves.

Thank you for your comments relating to breakfast; our Express Start Breakfast consists of 3 hot options (Sausage, Scrambled Egg and Beans) plus a selection of continental items; they’re also free hot & cold beverages available during breakfast time. All products are selected from an IHG recommended supplier and we find their food to be of a good standard.

I am sorry you picked up an out of date packet of crisps. We check our stock daily and can only apologise but I am pleased that the issue was rectified quickly for you.

We hope this does not affect your view of the Holiday Inn Express and the team and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.