“Very nice”

Holiday Inn Express Dunstable
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Dunstable
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Very well lit car park with security cameras which was reassuring when we arrived late on Friday night. First impression when entering the reception area was very clean and this continued throughout the hotel. Very friendly staff, nothing too much trouble. Lifts, lobbies and bar/ dining area were all very clean. Vending machines in the reception area with chocolate snacks and cold drinks in one and toothpaste, headache tablets, toothbrushes etc in the other one. Our room was very clean with exceptionally high standards of cleaning in the bathroom. 2 types of pillow, firm and soft which was very nice to have that choice. The bed was not comfortable for me as it was too firm but again this is purely personal preference. Free wifi throughout the whole hotel. Our room had a nice view across a school field and beyond. Air conditioning that worked very well. Hair dryer, tea, coffee facilities, towels, hand wash and shower gel in vast quantity and not just travel size, plenty of toilet roll, nice size tv with basic channels and free view but no film channels. We were on the 3rd floor and it was nice and quiet even though the hotel was busy. 2 Lifts that worked and as mentioned were kept lovely and clean. Breakfast was very nice and plentiful to set you up for the day. Although a small area for the breakfast service it was kept well topped up and it was clean. The hot food of scrambled eggs, sausages and beans was kept nice and hot. Continental style of breakfast was also available. I would suggest either going to breakfast either very early or leaving it until as late as you can as it was exceptionally busy at 9.30am on the Sunday and you may need to share a table. Outside there was a nice seating area which has been landscaped and seemed quiet enough to enjoy a drink. Checking out was as stress free as checking in. Highly recommended and will stay again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
HIEX-Dunstable, Deputy General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dunstable, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear Jayne S,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences on your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express Dunstable Hotel. All feedback received is used constructively to evauluate current hotel procedures and help improve overall guest satisfaction.

I enjoyed reading this review from start to finish. This is very encouraging and your comments serve as fantastic motivation to the team and I. Thank you also for your advise on Breakfast times; like many hotels, at weekends Breakfast can get busy during peak times. The reception team will always try and communicate this the night before on check in if they feel it will be busy and Advise on busy periods to save guests time and inconvienance. That said, guests are able to wait for a table or take back to there rooms and food will always be available during Breakfast Service.

Delighted you enjoyed all the Hotel amenities and thank you for thorough, kind review. The team and I hope to welcome you back soon.

Kind regards,
Stuart Anderson
Deputy General Manager

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Clean, plesant and welcoming.

I requested to check-in early and although I understood it to be a request only, the helpful chap on reception found me a room at 11:40 so I could change to attend a funeral

The rooms are spotless and the layout as you would expect in a budget establishment.

No negatives at all really, except I would buy better sausages!

I would stay again in a heartbeat

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I have stayed at several hotels in the Dunstable areas over the past few years, and this is the best one I found in the local area so far. Stayed here after a friends large party.
Comfortable air conditioned rooms with all the necessities, nice beds, and bathroom the hotel must be pretty new by the condition of everything in the hotel.
I got a very good pre-paid priority club rate, less than what I would have paid for the local premier inn. The hotel is 5 minutes from Dunstable down the the A5, so easy access to the M1 at Junction 9 or 11. There is plenty of free on site parking.
Only had a few items for breakfast, it was the usual the holiday inn express free breakfast and free wifi also included. So again really good value to have these inclusive rather than add ons.
I will definitely stay here next year and would recommend the hotel compared to the local travelodge and premier inn's I have stayed at in the Dunstable area.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank ukundercover
Robert P, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dunstable, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear ukundercover,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences on your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express Dunstable Hotel. All feedback received is used constructively to evaluate current hotel procedures and help improve overall guest satisfaction.

I am really pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your kind comments; our team really appreciate your recognition.

We look forward to welcoming you again next time your in Dunstable.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

I have not yet stayed at this Hotel however I had real complications with a booking and I have to just say the Manager Gosia was so so helpful went above and beyond and I am so grateful for her sorting everything out for me Thank you.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Robert P, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dunstable, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear Kaytee2014,

Thank you for writing a lovely review about Gosia.

We are so pleased as a management team to hear this even though you haven't yet stayed. I will personally ensure she receives this feedback and we look forward to welcoming you to our hotel.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Leaving a busy Dunstable behind we were very pleasantly surprised to arrive at the recently built Holiday Inn Express in a green field setting. From the impressive Reception area with welcoming, caring staff who found time for us during a fully-booked Grand Prix weekend, to the contemporary shower, well-equipped room and breakfast area overlooking a small landscaped garden, our stay was first-class throughout.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Coiacoia,

Thank you for taking the time to write us such a lovely review of our hotel and your recent stay.

All our feedback both positive and negative is analysed to help ensure hotel procedures are continually being improved.

We are delighted to read of your experiences at our hotel; we aim to make every aspect of our guests experience as enjoyable and comfortable as possible and definately appreciate your comments. Your positive feedback regarding our team is appreciated on all levels and I will be sure to pass on your comments to the team.

Again, thank you for your kind comments, I hope you continue to use IHG Hotels for your travels and we look forward to welcoming you the next time you're visiting Dunstable.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Stayed over one night, after booking online.

Upon arrival I was impressed by the cleanliness in the reception area, and proceeded to check in. The staff were, nice, friendly and helpful, but did seem very confused by me wanting to pay in cash, at one point I was convinced that I would not be able to stay there unless I paid by card! An additional £50 deposit was required to pay by cash, which would be returned when checking out.

Once we managed to sort it all out I found my room and was very impressed. Good size, very clean, well set out. No problems at all.

I made my way to the bar downstairs, where food is also available. The bar prices are not too bad for that area of the country. I did feel the food was overpriced for what it was, which was fairly basic, however being in the hotel it was convenient. A breakfast buffet is available in the morning, and although perhaps missing one of two things, it was more than suitable.

I did have a problem when checking out, the lady on the desk had no idea what I was talking about when I asked for my cash deposit back. Once again this took some major sorting out.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Robert P, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dunstable, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Dear Countdiso,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at The Holiday Inn Express Dunstable.

I am so pleased to hear that we impressed you on arrival with our cleanliness and our friendly team on check-in. I apologise for the confusion with regards to you paying a cash deposit, this is just a security deposit on your room when you choose not to pay by credit/debit card.

I am really happy that you were impressed by our bedrooms and our bar. We pride ourselves on keeping our bedrooms to a high standard and our housekeeping team are really proud of the hotel.

At IHG we pride ourselves on a High level of customer service and quality products. Although on this occasion we did not meet your expectations with regards to your breakfast, I do hope you will continue stay with IHG and give Holiday Inn Express another opportunity as the experience does not represent the great service we provide here at the Holiday Inn Express Dunstable.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Room ok. Typical Holiday Inn. Didn't have dinner on advise of previous reviewer. Didn't really eat breakfast either. What can I say? Maybe eegh yuck describes it best. First off trays were soaking wet and some of the cutlery still had someone else's food on it. Overcooked sausage and scrambled egg. 1st cup I picked up still had ring of hot chocolate round the top. Fruit was good. Seems that there is an issue with dish washing but if you fancy a dose of salmonella by all means ignore this review..

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Moira C,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to leave a review.

We strive to provide the best possible service and experience and it is always great to hear from our guests on how we are doing. We are very sorry to read that you experienced inconvenience because we did not meet your expectations. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

The team and I really would really appreciate it if you could forward on your reservation details so we could investigate your feedback further. Please email gsm.dunstable@holidayinnexpress.org.uk.

At IHG we pride ourselves on a High level of customer service and quality products. Although on this occasion we did not meet your expectations as a hotel I do hope you will continue stay with IHG and give Holiday Inn Express another opportunity as the experiences explained do not represent the great service we provide here at the Holiday Inn Express Dunstable.

Thanks again for your valued feedback.

Guest Services Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dunstable
The Old Palace Lodge Hotel
#10 of 26 in Luton
Chiltern Hotel
Chiltern Hotel
#20 of 26 in Luton

Been to Holiday Inn Express Dunstable? Share your experiences!