“Excellent Staff”

Holiday Inn Express Dunstable
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Dunstable
Reviewed 30 August 2014

Staff excellent and very polite room was very clean and spacious the only drawback though, if you are staying more than one night there is very little space to hang cloths and there were no drawers to put things in. Bathroom/WC also very clean shower enormous plenty of room to turn around without hitting elbows or knees.
Breakfast is help yourself which can get quite busy but there is ample for all just one gripe there was no bacon, when my wife asked she was told that they do not serve bacon, perhaps someone can tell us why as we did not ask.

Really enjoyed our stay and can recommend.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
HIEX-Dunstable, Guest Services Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dunstable, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2014

Dear Liam B,

Many thanks for taking the time to write us a review on TripAdvisor. I am really pleased that as a hotel we met your expectations and you enjoyed your stay. I can assure you your comments are really appreciated by our staff who always enjoy recognition from our guests.

Thank you for your comments relating to breakfast; As a limited service hotel, our Express Start Breakfast consists of 3 hot options (Sausage, Scrambled Egg and Beans) plus a selection of continental items; they’re also free hot & cold beverages available during breakfast time. All products are selected from an IHG recommended supplier and we find their food to be of a good standard.

Again, thank you for your kind feedback and I am pleased that your stay met your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Fb: Holiday Inn Express Dunstable

Reviewed 27 August 2014

I stayed overnight at the Holiday In. express in Dunstable, the 23rd to the 24th of August staying on room 3. I have to say that this was the best overnight stay in a hotel I have ever had. The staff in particular were excellent and since I asked for their names because they were so nice I should provide them here. They were; Robert the Duty Managed, Victoria on reception and at breakfast they were Natasha, Emma, Victoria and Roberta whom I can't thank enough. All of them were smiley cheery positive and happy to help with every question I had. I've stayed in a few hotels and know Sunday mornings can be a time of less enthusiasm and cheeriness but everyone was exactly the same as they were on the Saturday night, despite the toaster being broken (which is being (replaced in the next two weeks) and them having to toast bread individually themselves creating a knock on amount of work at tables everyone was still cheery helpful and I even was given a freshly baked chocolate cup cake!!!! Brilliant and THAT has never happened to me in a hotel before! I can't believe how bright lovely and helpful the staff were in what were busy trying circumstances for them on Sunday morning. They deserve a medal! When I arrived my room was spotlessly clean, tidy, well made, spacious and excellently appointed. The entire place was as clean as it would have been on the first day of opening. My bed was comfortable and I slept nicely on it with no disturbances from outside. I was so impressed with the hotel and the staff that I told all my friends that day when I went to a christening. I'm not often in Dunstable of near by but would not hesitate to stay in the hotel again or recommend it to anyone else. Thank you to the staff for making a good hotel great. They deserve their good reviews here. Well done. Ed

Dear Ed12324,

Thank you very much for posting a review regarding your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express Dunstable. All our feedback both positive and negative is analysed to help ensure hotel procedures are continually being improved.

Delighted to read of your experiences at our hotel; we aim to make the breakfast experience as enjoyable and comfortable as possible and will definitely take on board your comments. Your positive feedback regarding our team and myself is very much appreciated on all levels and I will be sure to pass on your comments to the rest team.

Again, thank you for your kind comments, I hope you continue to use IHG Hotels for your travels and we look forward to welcoming you the next time you're visiting Dunstable.

Fb: Holiday Inn Express Dunstable

Reviewed 26 August 2014

We stayed at this hotel or one night whilst visiting Whipsnade zoo. Only paid £45 a night, considering it was a bank holiday weekend we couldn't believe the price. Other reviews were mostly positive so we weren't too worried. The hotel was suitably located and very clean. Can't really find fault with it. If I wanted to be really picky I would say that holiday inn need to resource their sausage supplier. However, as the breakfast is free I have no right to grumble and there were alternatives for breakfast. Nobody went hungry! Definitely book again if in the area. Ideally located to the zoo also.

Reviewed 24 August 2014

We booked in after mistakenly trying to book into the Holiday Inn a few miles down the road! The receptionist Victoria was lovely, extremely helpful and friendly and had a lovely manner with our grandchildren which i felt made them feel "valued".
We were intending to eat at their restaurant but as it was quite late we only really wanted a "light bite" which wasn't really available on the menu. All the options were either too heavy or quite pricey. Victoria gave us advice as to where we would find what we were looking for and directed us to a local pub which fitted the bill.
On our return Victoria greeted us with some friendly banter and wished us a good night saying that if we had any problems with noise etc due to there being a large party of children in last night, we should give her a call and she would deal with it.
We had a great nights sleep, the room was clean and comfortable with all the amenities you would expect. No problems with the party of children, i never heard them at all!
Victoria was present at breakfast time with a friendly greeting and a smile. There was another girl on duty with her (I'm sorry i can't name her as i didn't notice her name badge) who was equally friendly and made our breakfast an enjoyable experience.
I can't praise the staff enough. I haven't ever met hotel staff in this country before that have seemed to be as genuinely friendly and caring of their guests comfort and enjoyment. Without appearing racist (as i am definitely not) it was a pleasant surprise that the staff were so English as many of our hotels have all been staffed by people from many different countries and have often struggled to understand any requests we have made and have spoken to colleagues in their own language making me feel very uneasy.
i would most definitely book this hotel again if i am in the area and would highly recommend it to others.

Room Tip: We had a family room. Lots of space, great bathrooms though the water pressure on the shower was a b...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
HIEX-Dunstable, Guest Services Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dunstable, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2014

Dear Maggie022,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay here at The Holiday Inn Express Dunstable.

I would like to personally thank you for your kind comments with regards to your experience with Victoria. I will ensure that she receives this lovely feedback from yourselves.

We hope to see you again very soon

P: 01582 344499
E: gsm.dunstable@holidayinnexpress.org.uk
F: Holiday Inn Express Dunstable

Reviewed 24 August 2014

The best nights sleep in a hotel we have ever had as a family. All 4 of us slept brilliantly and as a light sleeper for me this is unheard of! The bed was very comfy and the hotel was quiet. The staff were all amazing, excellent customer service, I was so impressed. Thank you.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
HIEX-Dunstable, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dunstable, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Dear Wendymcd71,

Delighted to read of your experiences at our hotel; we aim to make every guests experience as enjoyable and comfortable as possible and will definitely pass your comments on to the team. Your positive feedback regarding our team is appreciated on all levels!

FB: Holiday Inn Express Dunstable

Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

£45 b&b for family room, was a good location en route to Yorkshire after day at Legoland. Warm welcome ,lovely big, clean comfortable room. No frills but had what we needed. The main disappointment was the restaurant ...small menu, not geared to family market and service was poor. By the time food arrived the children were too tired to eat. The pub restaurant up the road would've been better option. Breakfast staff were lovely but it's too small for the breakfast rush. Disappointed no bacon but breakfast good value.

Dear DebbieDo1973,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay here at The holiday Inn Express Dunstable.

Thank you for your comments relating to breakfast; our free Express Start Breakfast consists of 3 hot options (Sausage, Scrambled Egg and Beans) plus a selection of continental items; there are also free hot & cold beverages available during breakfast time. All products are selected from an IHG recommended supplier and we find their food to be of a good standard.

With regards to the restaurant, I will pass these comments on to the Senior Management for review. We do offer childrens meals for free at the hotel, as do all our IHG properties. These are available on request. I apologise for you not receiving this information.

All feedback received is used constructively to evauluate current hotel procedures and help improve overall guest satisfaction.

FB: Holiday Inn Express Dunstable

Reviewed 23 August 2014

Have stayed at this hotel before and as per my last trip no issues to report.

The hotel is located on the A5 just outside Dunstable and it's a few miles off the M1 which I find very handy.

Well maintained and clean rooms helpful staff along with convienant parking make this a good choice in my book.

Happy to stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Dear Robbyroadwarrior.

Delighted to read of your experiences at our hotel; we aim to make the breakfast experience as enjoyable and comfortable as possible and will definitely take on board your comments. Your positive feedback regarding our team is appreciated on all levels and I will be sure to pass on your comments to the team.

F: Holiday Inn Express Dunstable
T: @HIEXDunstable

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dunstable
The Old Palace Lodge Hotel
Hilton Garden Inn Luton North
Thistle Express Luton
Thistle Express Luton
#10 of 27 in Luton

Been to Holiday Inn Express Dunstable? Share your experiences!