“Pub review only - , very good.”
Review of Highwayman Hotel

Highwayman Hotel
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Dunstable
Reviewed 23 August 2013 via mobile

A few of us went for dinner on a recommendation and it was spot on. It is local to us but just a bit further out than our usual haunts. Much better than other Hungry Horse restaurants in the locality. Good service. Good food. Bar service spot on. All in all a good experience. No kids playground one downside.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Wuppie33

Reviewed 16 August 2013 via mobile

Today was my last day been staying there for two weeks on company business. I must say if I had listened to some of the reviews I wouldnt of stayed but I can safely say I would definitely stay here again. The staff are very friendly and incredibly helpful with what ever you need. The food is really good and the portions are great, the menu is fantastic. The deserts will blow you away. The atmosphere of the place is very relaxed and a good place for familes and all ages. Rooms are a decent size and any problems were dealt with in a professional and friendly manner.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Jamie L
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Stayed there last night and the first thing that hits you is the smell. Checked in and were directed to room a very long way from reception. the walls of the corridors are dirty and damaged with holes and areas that apparently ready for painting! the smell along the lower corridor was particularly awful. The linen was at least clean and fresh. Went off to the wedding reception we were attending and returned around 11 o'clock to find the fire door open so that anyone could get in. On entering our room we found that the lights did not work. I returned to the reception desk and rang for assistance and in fairness two staff arrived very quickly and attempted to fix them. The main light could not be fixed but they did put a new bulb in the bed light but this continued to go on and off at will. Woken at 5:45 by other guests shouting each other to get up along the corridor. Waited for 8 o'clock and went for breakfast only to be told that we had booked on the internet and that we were not entitled to breakfast!!!! WE left never to return!!

Room Tip: Don't bother!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 July 2013

Thought I would choose a place close to my course in Houghton Regis location very good easy to find on main road however the hotel part needs a lot of attention my room was falling apart shower plug hole blocked wall paper falling off no socket beside bed for phone bed upstairs floor boards need attention as I could not sleep due to excessive squeaking all night from person moving around above, Pub food staff and overall price very good after all I only paid £20 for the night but fixing these little problems would make a lot of difference.

Room Tip: avoid ground floor
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Dunstable doesn't have a big choice of hotels and I normally stay at Luton Parkway if I need to be in this area but a relative recommended this hotel and I'm glad they did. £45 for a triple room is a bargain, breakfast was extra but cooked to order and my six year old gave the pancakes a big thumbs up. I understand from other reviewers that it can be noisy if there is an event on but we were lucky and it was very peaceful.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Allonetie
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Whilst away this week I have stayed in both an AA4 star and this, an AA 3 star hotel and let me tell you there is a massive difference in the 1 star.
This hotel has peeling wall paper in the corridor and no remote controls, for the TV’s, in the rooms! The duty manager Adams answer, over the phone from the bar, to the remote control problem was “sorry we’ve ordered more this weekend and you’ll just have to use the front of the TV” The hotel is attached to a Hungry Horse, which seemed to have run out of every beer I asked for on that night! Talk about organise in a brewery! All that said the people, besides Adam, where really friendly and helpful.
If you stay there don’t book breakfast just get a “Big Breakfast”,£499, in the morning and a re-fillable cup of coffee for a £1. All this said £50 for the room wasn’t bad if you don’t mind the cobwebs and poor finishing.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 June 2013

really good position easy to find,good clean room,very good nights sleep.The pub which is attached is very reasonable for food and drinks.Staff were friendly and helpfull,not far from luton and just a short walk into dunstable , vfm

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank kohn57
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dunstable
Holiday Inn Express Dunstable
#20 of 26 in Luton
Pines Hotel
Pines Hotel
#15 of 26 in Luton

Been to Highwayman Hotel? Share your experiences!