Highwayman Hotel
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewshungry horse chainflat screen tvenjoyable staybed was very comfortablean overnight stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 August 2013

We went to eat at this pub when staying at a local B&B. I had eaten at Hungry Horse establishments before and knew them to be good value for money. But sadly, this was not a good experience food wise. My lamb shank was delicious, but the mash left a lot to be desired. My partners Ribs and Steak were quite frankly awful! The steak was so chewy that you needed a good set of gnashers to even attemp to eat it! But, the saving grace was the young lady who served us as she was the one who saved me giving this a two star!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 August 2013 via mobile

A few of us went for dinner on a recommendation and it was spot on. It is local to us but just a bit further out than our usual haunts. Much better than other Hungry Horse restaurants in the locality. Good service. Good food. Bar service spot on. All in all a good experience. No kids playground one downside.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Wuppie33
Reviewed 16 August 2013 via mobile

Today was my last day been staying there for two weeks on company business. I must say if I had listened to some of the reviews I wouldnt of stayed but I can safely say I would definitely stay here again. The staff are very friendly and incredibly helpful with what ever you need. The food is really good and the portions are great, the menu is fantastic. The deserts will blow you away. The atmosphere of the place is very relaxed and a good place for familes and all ages. Rooms are a decent size and any problems were dealt with in a professional and friendly manner.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Jamie L
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Stayed there last night and the first thing that hits you is the smell. Checked in and were directed to room a very long way from reception. the walls of the corridors are dirty and damaged with holes and areas that apparently ready for painting! the smell along the lower corridor was particularly awful. The linen was at least clean and fresh. Went off to the wedding reception we were attending and returned around 11 o'clock to find the fire door open so that anyone could get in. On entering our room we found that the lights did not work. I returned to the reception desk and rang for assistance and in fairness two staff arrived very quickly and attempted to fix them. The main light could not be fixed but they did put a new bulb in the bed light but this continued to go on and off at will. Woken at 5:45 by other guests shouting each other to get up along the corridor. Waited for 8 o'clock and went for breakfast only to be told that we had booked on the internet and that we were not entitled to breakfast!!!! WE left never to return!!

Room Tip: Don't bother!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 July 2013

Thought I would choose a place close to my course in Houghton Regis location very good easy to find on main road however the hotel part needs a lot of attention my room was falling apart shower plug hole blocked wall paper falling off no socket beside bed for phone bed upstairs floor boards need attention as I could not sleep due to excessive squeaking all night from person moving around above, Pub food staff and overall price very good after all I only paid £20 for the night but fixing these little problems would make a lot of difference.

Room Tip: avoid ground floor
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business