“Beautiful location, old English charm at its best”
Review of Bellows Mill

Bellows Mill
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Dunstable
Brisbane
“Beautiful location, old English charm at its best”
Reviewed 4 January 2010

The buildings have been there for hundreds of years so for anyone it is a real honour to be able to spend some time there.

Having grown up in the nearby village of Edlesborough, we returned from my new home of Australia to get married in the UK. After a bit of searching we found Bellows Mill on our doorstep (or rather, may parents' doorstep). We booked our wedding reception here and organised our own caterers on the recommendation of the owner and it turned out to be fabulous! They were in the early days of allowing functions (having just closed their restaurant) so things were a little disorganised but it all turned out great in the end - I also understand that they hold a civil licence which would have been a preference if this had been available when making our arrangements.

Beautiful grounds - perfect for photos and champagne and canapes for guests and we decided to stay there on our wedding night which was just perfect.

Our room was a two level affair, quite old but very comfortable and charming. Some of our guests stayed in the other rooms and all feedback was good. Breakfast was plentiful and very good.

Would recommend this to anyone as an alternate to staying in standard hotel accommodation.

• Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank starswine

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Bedford
Reviewed 2 August 2009

A friend and I found Bellows Mill by complete chance. We were attending a wedding at Mentmore Golf and Country club and needed a place for the night and was recommended Bellows Mill by another establishment which were unfortunately fully booked.
After turning down a quiet country drive, Bellows Mill was upon me. I couldn't believe I had stumbled upon such a jewel amongst the countryside of South Bedfordshire.
Upon meeting Henry one of the owners, and explaining to him I had reserved a twin room for myself and a friend of mine who would be joining me later, he told me that we were to have a room each (for the same price) as they weren't fully booked and he led me to (what I thought was to be my room.) On my arrival, I found that I had been given a self contained cabin which was beautiful and my friend was also given one of these cabins also. These were so homely and comfortable with everything you needed. Following the evening reception I awoke after having a wonderful nights sleep and headed down to breakfast. Breakfast was served in a lovely, lounge type room where we had the choice of fresh fruits and yougurt, cereal, toast and bacon and eggs! This was served by Rachel, (the other owner) who was delightful and very friendly. We then decided to go for a explore around the grounds, where we came upon a huge pond (or small lake) where there is fishing to be done and stunning views!
There is nothing more to say except, this place must be visited and enjoyed by many more people and I will definately return with my partner for a quiet relaxed weekend sometime in the future.
Thank you Henry and Rachel for a wonderful stay and hope to see you again soon.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank honestraveller74
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 12 March 2007

We have just returned from Bellows Mill after a two night stay.
We stayed in the Kingfisher Suite which consists of a downstairs lounge and a spiral staircase up to a bedroom and bathroom.
On first impressions we were very pleased with the accommodation but once settling in started to notice lots of dust and cobwebs in the lounge. Even this we thought was worth the location and spacious accommodation. But when we realised upstairs was even worse it tainted our stay. The bathroom had clumps of dust and and hairs!! On opening a window we had to tear through well settled cobwebs. Even the restaurant where breakfast was served was very unkempt.
SUCH A SHAME the location was wonderful.

Stayed March 2007
4 Thank Buskin123
Chicago
Reviewed 11 April 2006

I have stayed at the Bellows Mill many times on business trips to the UK and always enjoy the rooms and service. It is a quaint place, very clean and inexpensive. The rooms are comfortable and the proprietor is very nice and helpful. It is a nice break to stay here vs. the Holiday Inn/Hilton type hotel. You will enjoy a night or two here!

• Stayed March 2005, travelled on business
4 Thank Buffalos13
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 11 September 2005

We stayed at the Bellows Mill for 3 weeks, we enjoyed the surroundings and the nice environment created by the owner. We arrived very late since we were coming from the US and Mrs. Hodge took care of every detail in our room to make us feel welcome and comfortable.

• Stayed November 2004, travelled on business
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dunstable
The Old Palace Lodge Hotel
#1 of 1 in Leighton Buzzard
The Woburn Hotel
The Woburn Hotel
#1 of 3 in Woburn

Been to Bellows Mill? Share your experiences!