“Good night sleep”

Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Dunstable
Luton, United Kingdom
“Good night sleep”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Had a good night sleep after a long day. Good location, good bed, very nice and quiet environment. Staff were very friendly and efficient especially Deepen, gave us a nice quiet room. So it was a wonderful stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 April 2014

There is little downside to this hotel it's location is great for those in need of a stay in Dunstable, literally moments from the M1 and very easy to find. Parking is good and the staff are friendly. It's what it is.. a budget hotel with the option of cheap and reasonably tasty food at the attached pub/restaurant. On my stay the only disappointment was a late night fire alarm activation, but I guess to criticise the hotel because of this would be churlish, when I went back to bed, the heavy drapes, absence of road noise and comfortable bed meant that my sleep was just fine.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Rus F
Oakham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Wanted somewhere to stay handy for Whipsnade Zoo, couldn't have picked better, close to M1,but far enough away to not suffer from the constant thrum of traffic noise 24/7. Also only a short drive to centre of town, with a fair selection of eateries on A505 and on both High Street North and South.
Inn itself seemed to have been fairly recently refurbed and also had the benefit of a trial of free Wi-fi . Didn't use the adjoining Table/Table for our evening meal, but did for breakfast, normal buffet but added bonus at this Inn the hot options are cooked to order, not off the buffet.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Stradbroke, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 April 2014

We have stayed at the Halfway House Premier Inn many times before, but the hotel has been refurbished since our last stay. We had Room 27 on the front of the hotel, which, perversely, was quieter than the side rooms for although it faces the main road, had far fewer guests coming past the door, which we find is the main source of noise. Breakfast was super, with lots of choice.

Room Tip: Front rooms quieter at the weekend.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ChrisLin1747063
Cheddar, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 March 2014

As I needed to be in the area early, a local stay was needed. We booked the room two weeks in advance. When I arrived the car park was almost full to capacity and that it was situated on a busy round a bout. I requested and got a quite room at the back, I like fresh air to sleep with, I.e. An open window, that would be too noisy at the front. The room was a clean double, all I needed.

I booked a meal in the restaurant for 7:45, only to be told when I turned up for it that there was no room so I had to wait another 45 minutes for a table. I was hungry and tired after a busy day followed by a 3 hour plus drive, a meal 8:30 was really too late. While the speed of service was pretty standard for table table restaurants as I was eating on my own I thought the waits between courses was too long, it was not as if I could chat with anyone to fill in time!

I booked to upgraded wifi as I was told it was only free for first 30 minutes. The upgraded wifi is only £3, not bad value in itself, but it is only for one device, so if you are a family with teens on their iPads/iPods/laptops it could mount up. I could not get the up graded wifi to work in the morning, so I did not get full value out of it, there was no one to complain to only the single waitress in the restaurant.

Guess I would stay here again but theses place should now all be offering free wifi, it's not as if it's costing them much.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room which are on the back. Book a restaurant table time in advance of your arri...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank 320TimL
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Stayed for just one night to break up our drive to London, really pleased with the service offered. Before our stay, a staff member contacted us to ask if we had any requests. I asked about the possibility of making sure that our two rooms, one for us and one for the kids aged 12 and 14, were near to each other and they managed to switch our rooms to interconnecting. This was brilliant for us. £50 for two clean, friendly, comfortable rooms was excellent value.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jenny1142
Sunderland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Excellent value for money. Meal deal is exceptional for breafast & dinner. Would stay again. Staff very friendly with good attention to detail to make stay enjoyable. Quality of hotel better than expected.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank David S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dunstable
Holiday Inn Express Dunstable
#3 of 25 in Luton
Chiltern Hotel
Chiltern Hotel
#19 of 25 in Luton

Been to Premier Inn Dunstable / Luton Hotel? Share your experiences!