“Lacking Lustre”

Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 23 April 2012

The resurant is badly in need of refurbishment, it truly has the greasey spoon cafe feel to it and we were truly disapponted in the quality of the food, having heard so many good reviews. Although freshly cook and hot some of the dishes were bland and poorly presented. The hosts were as expected very nice and welcoming and the resturant was busy, but after eating the week before at Tong Samm further up the road we have to say we won't be returning anytime soon.

Overall the food was ok for the money, but I would recommend spending £2.00 more and trying the Tong Samm resturant next to the Wheatsheaf Pub.

1  Thank Guardo66

Reviewed 23 April 2012

No help youself buffets here - order what you want from the menu and then order some more, repeat as necessary!! Drinks are a bit pricey IMHO but all in all, very good value for money. Decor is shabby at best but I prefer to look at the food and my companions rather than the walls.....

1  Thank bigjules60
Reviewed 19 February 2012

This has been one of my favourite restaurants for a long time and we visited very recently.

The food was as usual very good but the decor of the restaurant is in some need of serious attention.

What used to be shabby niceness is starting to look embarrassingly neglected.

I went I to the ladies toilet and frankly it's disgusting.

There is mould growing up the walls and if it wasn't a favourite of mine, I probably would have left.

I think if they want to maintain their popularity, then it's time for some DIY!!!!

Reviewed 9 February 2012

Paul is a fantastic host and the food is always fresh

1  Thank David F
Reviewed 27 December 2011

The Mouth used to be the best takeaway in Dunstable, but will not be ordering from there again. Our delivery last week was almost inedible. The salt and chilli chicken wings for starters were soggy and tasteless, the rice seemed to be left over from lunchtime, the curry was basically chicken in coloured water and the sweet and sour pork was just sweet and sour fat. Binned most of it and put a pizza in the oven.
Ripped up the menu so I can't make the same mistake twice.

1  Thank djrich