“Amazing service”

Price range: US$5 - US$25
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Had such a wonderful time there. Ruth provided excellent service and a lovely atmosphere. Food was great

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We booked for fathers day to save wife cooking and me washing up.

We use this restaurant as it caters very well for coeliacs and my wife was diagnosed around Christmas 17.

OK it's a bog standard steak house, but the menu variety is pretty good for my wife.

The only disappointment with this visit was the inability to use 40% discount voucher, of which I have a few. It would have been marginally cheaper to use that rather than opt for Fathers Day menu. I was told I could not use it due to the Fathers day special, not quite sure why as 40% offer was from 4th June until the 9th July and dosen't mention anything about excluding fathers day, or any other day come to that. T&C's were mentioned, I didn't argue, though I could have as only mention of non use is if you try to use voucher with any other offer, Fathers day comes to mind, also rewards vouchers (don't get me started).
So we said not to worry we'll settle for dad menu , which was one free or discounted steak so long as ordered with a full menu item, which is not in itself unreasonable. So we said we would go for that menu but was told it was only available for dads with kids, to this I objected., My wife was all for getting up and going, but we stayed as I had a good pint of Pride in my hand.
The server did return however to say we could use dads menu after all. By then my wife and I had opted for other menu options.
So buyer beware.

Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

Visited after few years if not going there as was not good back then.
Thought we give it a go. Arrived 15 mins before our table booking. Even thought there were empty tables all over the place we were told to wait at the bar till 8.
Obviously to get another drink out of us.
Guy on the door was turning people away as they didn't pre book... but plenty of empty tables. Even more after we left 1h later. Think he was just trying to teach them a lesson.
Pub part was busy as world cup football game was on.
We got the table next to the empty cut out window into the pub area. Could not hear one another as the loud drunk people from the pub were screaming and swearing.
That window should have a glass to block some of it off.
It's terrible.
Food took 45 mins to arrive. It was ok.
Scallops were tiny and calamari even smaller, ring size. Never thought they could be this small.
Tables sat dirty around us for good half an hour after people left.
Lady serving us... sorry I forgot the name was lovely. The guy by the door sitting people down... well... just a bit of attitude issue I think.
He's young... maybe he'll get It one day.
All in all... we won't be back anytime soon.

Reviewed 12 June 2018 via mobile

Received vouchers for 40% off mains so we went for lunch mid week. Decided to try the Daytime Saver menu with choice of 5 dishes at £5 each. Chose fish and chips. Order taken quickly but we waited more than 20 mins for food. Had to ask where it was! You get what you pay for. Fish was bland and chips were average. Drinks arrived promptly so it looks like the delay was in the kitchen not with the serving staff. They advertise ‘Served in under 15 mins’ which was not achieved. No discount on this menu as expected.

Reviewed 1 June 2018

This used to be a pub, but now there is only a small area at the bar, so when you are waiting, there is no way to sit.
We booked a table admittedly quite late, and took the time of 8:30 as the earliest available, however when we got there just before 8pm, we saw a number of tables empty (there was only 2 of us) so we asked if we could sit earlier. We were told no, it would have to be 8:30 still. So we got a drink and stood in a space out of the way as there was no space at the bar. After 15-20 minutes these same tables were still empty, so we asked again, a different waiter, who said no problem and immediately sat us. We couldn't understand why the original guy was uncooperative!
The food was good, pretty standard nothing bad, nothing amazing.
We then returned in the morning for breakfast and again it was standard. The continental breakfast is a buffet, but the hot breakfast you have to order and so that was a little disappointing, I had expected it to be a buffet too.

1  Thank lachkeira