“Cracking scones ”

Dining options: Reservations
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Cracking scones ”
Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

Had afternoon tea at Flitwick manor with a friend, a small boutique country side hotel full of old English charm! The tea took place in a charming room with views over the grounds which are in great shape although it was not the weather for roaming through the countryside. Our tea was fantastic with great sandwiches and even better cakes and lots of them. However the scones with plentiful clotted cream, curd and homemade jam were stunning. I wish I could of had more, I will be back in the summer to play croquet on the lawn and to have more scones!!

1 Thank hpeak25

sandy,beds
“super meal!”
Reviewed 18 December 2013

A cosy dining room, excellent service and a delicious meal, would have liked more scallops and perhaps a choice of creme anglaise with the crumble but minor details. The scones for the cream tea the next day were the best i have had in a very long time too!

Visited December 2013
Luton, United Kingdom
“Can't Wait To Return”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Second time staying at Flitwick Manor (had Dinner, Bed & Breakfast on both occassions) and had to write a review this time, on account that the food, service, etc. are at a consistently high standard. We stayed in room 16 this year, so enjoyed the facility of french doors opening onto a shared patio, leading onto the vast grounds. The evening meal was the highlight (Though with every aspect of this place being exceptional, choosing a highlight was a difficult thing to do.) I had Duck Leg for my main course, and my Fiance had the Rump Steak, both of which were cooked to perfection. I then had Vanilla Creme Brulee for dessert, which was literally the best Creme Brulee I have ever had! (This is coming cfrom a coffee addict, who has tried Cappuccino flavoured Creme Brulee at two different four-star hotel/restaurants.) but the best was yet to come... We had Cappuccinos after dessert, which we almost didn't order- this would a terrible mistake! As it turns out, the Chef had spontaneously decided to make White Chocolate Fudge that afternoon, which was then served with post-dinner coffees that evening. This was a real treat; a slice of White Chocolate Fudge, served in a honeycomb flavoured Brandy-Snap-style basket - This really was the most exquisite thing I've ever tasted; so sweet and creamy, I could have eaten a pound of the stuff!
Very excited for our next stay now.. You never know what surprises may be in store...

• Visited November 2013
Llandudno
“Excellent meal”
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Stayed a night at the hotel with evening meal and breakfast. My steak was cooked to perfection and the meal was very good overall. The waiter made a mistake with my breakfast and I was given scrambled egg instead of a fried egg. Didn't mention anything at the time as the a scrambled egg was the best I've ever tasted. I would certainly eat there again.

• Visited October 2013
London, United Kingdom
“WATCH OUT - DUCK”
Reviewed 13 October 2013

I went for lunch here recently. Set in wonderful parkland the Manor exudes English charm and old style manners and service. It was like something out of the 1950's - a perfect setting for an episode of Miss Marple maybe. Sadly the food was of that era too. Warm Carrot and Parsnip soup that was way too salty followed by Duck Confit. This was not Confit but slices of simply (over) roasted duck. There was none of the decadence of Confit - the fat, the salt etc. Just, well err, duck and not particularly good duck at that. Very disappointing. The service was strong and enthusiastic which helped but it couldn't really lift the overall disappointment of the experience and the almost deathly atmosphere of the place - rather like the communal lounge of an upmarket nursing home. Expensive too. Like most nursing homes nowadays.

• Visited October 2013